View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #716
v-empire
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (22)
v-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nicev-empire is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to v-empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBrown View Post
Why is the torque/hp falling off starting ~5500 - 6500 if you have cams? Is the stock intake and exhaust manifold the culprit? Nice whp and tq btw.
well, the restrictions could be possible.

however if you notice the peak and the plateau, thats the power band i am looking for this particular setup. this car is put together as a budget race car and i m still beating the living crap out of the car for over a 3 years. car has competed in D1GP and Nopi, and constant grass root drifting at least once a month for the past years, with the same engine and setup. never gave any problems.

the A/F can be improved and simple mods can be made so it wont fall too bad and there are other tricks to keep it going, but for the purpose of this ride and deseired power band is reached, plus i will be banging red line constantly, since traction is already loss, therefore i do not need more power, but i need it to be safe. - keyword.

thats a big reason the car is tuned that way and we havent had problems for many of our similarly build setups. for my higway cars, thats a different ball game.

but yes, i believe there are some restrictions up top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
Thats what I was thinking too, I am pretty sure its because of the Stock intake mostly

Im'e jealous of your numbers...
have you ever dyno'ed it on pump to see how much of a difference it makes?
I have always been curious, I am assuming about 20 hp or so?
there is no reason to tune the car at pump gas. the car is build for competiton and i run race gas in competition.

if i wanted to make more power, i can with a different setup. this setup was done with very low budget and still pounding on it. stock bottom, intake, exhaust. with aftermarket cams, turbo, ecu, injectors, and a very expensive tune session.. haha. car gets tuned 3 times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
is 22psi ok to run on these turbos? thought no more than 20 could be run without harm
i dont see why not. i run 2 bar on this setup right now. car makes over 415whp on race gas.

u have to understand, once you start putting mods on your car, and running it like i do, the car isnt oem any more or "safe"

all your mods (lifetime of product) are counted in race hours, before replacing it to prevent catastrophe in competition.