View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #700
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
no shit i knoe that. i was running 13 psi on the T25. no problems.,
No problems? At 13/14 psi, your injectors are easily above 95% duty cycle and your MAF is easily pegged. Mind you that these both are those levels at around 4000 rpm..leaving that last 3000+ rpm of revving and load with no correction...it's a recipe for disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I know money is tight, SO maybe you should just get a rom tune from JWT or enthalpy or something.
Exactly. It's obvious that he is trying to nickle and dime into a fast car, so the rom tune is the best way.

In reality, and take no offense to this, but to from a stock setup to a 2871r is a big step, economically. I would put aside a fair amont of money, get quality parts, and do it right once/the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
i have a question, Is it ok to use the stock oem lines from the t25?
and is there anybody on here using them?
Get Taka braided lines. They make life SO much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanzer123 View Post
how would 8psi on a 2871r be any better then 8psi on a t25? pressure is pressure, it would seem to me you could run a gt35r on 8psi and it would be the same as a t25 at the same pressure aside from spool up. this always confused me when people said that, im not trying to argue im just wondering.
will pressure may be the same, the amount of air being forced into the engine is not.

Think of it this way. 8 psi on a k03 baby turbo will probably get you 180-190 whp, if that. A t25, probably 210 whp. A t28, 230 whp. A GT35, 300 whp, etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Im done throwing money at this setup.

If anyone wants my whole setup (Motor, Trans, clutch everything) minus the turbo its yours for super cheap you just have to pick it up.

LS1 time

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote