View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #78
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I really don't like this turning into a religious debate, but please allow me to say this.

L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book, filled with stories and fables, and a religion was based off of it. The members of that religion are highly criticized.

King James (among others) translated and CHANGED a collection of stories and fables, put them all in one book, and a religion was based off of it. The members of that religion have taken over most of the world.

Now, let it be said. I believe in God. I have read the Bible. I enjoy the lessons it teaches, and was brought up to respect it. However I do not regard it as the "END ALL KNOW ALL". Except for maybe the words written in red and even those have been translated from someone's interpretation of what was said at the time.

Both sides of this argument have quoted scripture and passages to support how they feel one way or another. That just proves that it has been personal preference that has dictated the Bible throughout history. When you pick and choose verses, you can make whatever claims you like.

I'm pretty much done with this Thread and I don't forsee it staying open much longer.

This should be a discussion about human rights, not religious practices.