View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #740
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
What did everyone take a brake with life this thread is dying! lol
I miss the everyday new projects you crazy f* put together...Lets get a nice post "Dent Sport" lol on a trunk mounted radiator. Help a fellow out.
There really isn't too much too it besides gaining good air for the ducting. My ducts suck and I wish I had made composite large naca ducts but didn't have much experience with composites at the time. The cooling system is the same as any other except it uses an electric pump mounted in the back. I used to use both electric and engine driven but the engine driven becomes a restriction at higher rpm and pressure levels moving the coolant all the way back and to the front. Sedans are better for rear mounted radiator systems as there is more area to pull air from. I have a bunch of photos from D1 Rallycross cars which all use rear radiators. They crunch into each other a lot and also spend a lot of time sideways so the side ducting gets more air than the front.

On another note, progress is moving along on my car. I decided to make new front lateral and tension arms. My old ones were not ideal and weren't even the same length side to side. They were essentially modified stock ones where these new ones are made from scratch. $100 in materials and a 9 hours. The rod ends are left over from the old set so they weren't added into the cost. All 4130 alloy.

driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote