View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #449
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
o shit that breather tank is amazing. Any specs on the material and machine settings? it looks as if you oversized the pieces to be welded together, then just fuzed everything with no filler. that is what I do sometimes when I want really small even beads.
the material is 1/8 aluminum plating, welded with 3/32 5356 aluminum rod, the machine was set around 145 amps (i set all my aluminum working high like that so i can control a wide range of heat) didnt use pulse or post flow and i dont remember where i had my ac balance at, somewhere between cleaning and penetration, most likely a little more on the cleaning side.

i fitted the plates with a corner joint, like in example c in the picture, then grinded the edges a tad bit to help give it a bevel

I have a question for those of you that weld on stainless steel alot,

how are you guys setting up your back purge system? details or pics would be nice. my brother bought some sch 10 manifold tubing material for me to practice on and im having a little trouble as to how to hook one up. Ive heard people using a seperate cylinder, or hooking up a y splitter some where on there machine or cylinder and running a hose off one end.
DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote