View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #323
ESCALVANTE
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her selfESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ESCALVANTE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOdom1 View Post
preaching to the choir here. i have been to both a FEB, and MAR autox this year and just drove it to the beach and back five hours each way. granted i had to tighten some shit before i went and again when i got there and again when I got home, but i plan to attend an autox a month and a track day or two this year all along doing other things that i want to. but then again thats why i didn't drive it for the entire months of dec. and jan. (so it would be in shape to tackle the other ten months
I have a home office and only drive my car when I have to because I want to 'conserve' it for track days. I change my fluids before I hit the track and make sure to check everything before heading onto the track. I also check everything after every track session.
I learned to do this the hard way by losing an oil cap on track and it created all sorts of problems. I had oil everywhere, messed up spark plugs and a ruined alternator.

Moral of the story: make sure you check EVERYTHING before heading onto the track.
ESCALVANTE is offline   Reply With Quote