View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #320
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
it could be very easy to trck your DD, as long as you spend the time checking a bunch of points over the car before and after each event to ensure that you can get to and from teh track in one piece, and the to be sure you can go for weeks daily driving the car without fault. This goes for any car that someone wants to track and DD. Just pay attention and inspect things instead of letting problems go untouched, fix them right away and then continue to go about your way without attempting to upgrade your turbo or suspension just because your car is down for new front bushings. Just replace the bushings and then go abotu your business. And if you dont think ou can handle having one car for everythign then figue out what works and do it. If you feel you are workgin too hard to get to the track and not enjoying it....then its not for you anyways. Enjoy the car and the experience, dont just work for it. I make sure that i have fun no matter what.....even when my brother totaled his civic at VIR....we still had a great weekend and managed to have a great 5hr conversation ont eh trip home, since he rode shotgun in the truck with me towing his car instead of mine.

the whole point of anyof us going to the track and doing HPDE's for years and years is simply to enjoy the experience because 90% of people who do HPDE's dont race, just go enjoy and maybe do it 2x a year, the other majoyity are hooked and go time and time again for the thrill and excitment and the sense of comrodary (spelled wrong, but whateva). Go and enjoy, dont get frustradted or overwhelmed with efforts to make the car last or frustrated with not improving lap times, its not a race unless unless your W2W, otherwise its just fun and educational.

sorry for all the rants guys, i feel i need to get my points across and clear up confusion with how track days and weekends and misconceptions should really be interpreted. Ill keep everything short form now on, i sort of promise...

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote