View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #434
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
hey guys,

well i finally got around to do some practicing today on cast aluminum.

I felt like chopping up a honda manifold (not sure which motor it was for, but it was for scrap) and welding it back together.

Here it is when it was one piece

here are the runners i chopped off one by one

Then of coarse it needs to be cleaned, i used this 2 year old purple power that was sitting around in my garage for ever, i swear this stuff works like magic

all the pieces cleaned inside and out where the area of welding will be

Then it was time for beveling each edge

here are the welds i did for the flange to runners, I tried tack everything up with the manifold and runners and flange, but dam it was getting annoying trying to hold everything and using stuff to hold it, then you realize a tack broke and you go back to fix it and another one breaks, while your trying to align the holes, it just turned into one big mess, so i said f**k it, ill just weld the runners and flange first, i mean after all its just practice. i brushed with stainless steel brush first, then welded.

Not the best looking but i think im getting better, here are some pics i did months ago for cast aluminum, this was the last time i practiced on cast aluminum. Just some stringer beads, and FYI these pieces of cast aluminum is from nissan, belonged to a rb26 oil pan. seems like the aluminum from honda is easier to weld on then the aluminum from nissan, oh well i dont know...

took longer to prepare than to weld, was the only time consuming part.
DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote