View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #156
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeles View Post
Steve, have you seen any issues with the stock internal wastegates not holding 20psi? mine seems to flutter between 20-25 when I try and set the HKS EVC. 15 holds fine. actuator is set at 10. alot of this has me wanting to get the .64 housing and swap out. (i was supposed to be getting a .64 when i bought mine. got an .86 instead)
From first hand experience with two different boost controllers, different sources (boost) and different wastegates, there really is no reliable way to hold under 15 psi and then 20 psi on the highside.

I've preloaded, un preloaded, done everything in the book.

The solution (hopfully) is getting the external gate provision on my stock manifold (thanks to Enthalpy himself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
here's my setup
S14 SR
Crower rods
Weisco forged pistons bored .020 over.
HKS cams 264's
rebuilt head
GT2871R .64
stock intake and exhaust manifold
Hybrid IC
Apexi intake
Z32 MAF
740cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
Apexi 3 in exhaust
Greddy elbow and down pipe
megan test pipe
Tuned with Apexi power FC
So at 1.3 BAR she made 363 whp and 353 tq w/ 93 octane
Get the stock exhaust manifold extrude honed and coated, get a Greddy Intake Manifold, and get a retune

Not sure if the I/C is hurting any or not either...i'm not an intercooler master by any stretch....

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote