View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Mattlanta
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Mattlanta can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinGST View Post
stock turbo at only 10-12psi, just get a manual boost controller... your better off getting a vlsd and a manual than an electronic if your not going to be making a whole lot of power.

if you plan on being "future ready" get an apexi avc-r, they are awesome and can be had for around $250 used.

as for the profec, isnt it just the profec E that you can tune with the e-manage??? just a personal opinion but i think the avc-r is a better buy.
Well I appreciate all of your opinions! I definitely want to be 'future ready' because I will not be stopping with a stock S14 SR and 12psi!!! I think you are correct about the Profec E-01 being the only one that would help with tuning, and eventually I'll get a standalone so I'm not interested in spending twice as much for the E-01 now. As for the vlsd, I already have everything on the car DONE except the engine tranny. It's the last thing! I prefer not to use a manual controller because I know I will be upgrading my setup in stages and I'm thinking it's just too unreliable. Shoot, even temp change will mess up an MBC and from mid-day to night/morning here in ATL there is like a 35 degree change!!!

So, any more feedback/suggestions? THANKS!
Mattlanta is offline   Reply With Quote