View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #137
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I can speculate all I want, as can anyone on this forum. This is an opinion thread isn't it? The automotive industry is a multi trillion dollar industry. Only the giants like Toyota, Honda and recently, Nissan have started manufacturing hybrid vehicles in steady production.

I'm not saying that the transition won't happen but it happens to be my opinion that the other car companies won't make the transition in 15 years because the opportnity costs are too high. A lot if the smaller companies are struggling just to stay alive. The governments aren't gonna mandate alternatives because each country's economy relies so heavily on cars.

As far as combustion engines losing all value because they aren't being used, that's not gonna happen for a loooooong time. Do you think countries like China (who are all about making $$$ selling cheap imitation cars, among other products, at high volume) are gonna comply? I think not, as long as the chief execs are in good standing with the right govt officials who in turn will provide the proper loopholes so that EVERYONE gets paid. It's all about BUCKS kid. What's ideal and what is reality are 2 TOTALLY different concepts.

But anyway, what do I know? Last time I checked the battery in my crystal ball was dead.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote