View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #66
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2_lsvtec View Post
i would argue the 240z being the one who "layed the groundwork."

i feel that the toyota 2000gt did much of the work. the 2000gt really turned heads and made people realize that the japanese are very capable of creating a sports car that rivals that of the american ones.

yes, the 240z seemed to sell much better, but it wouldnt be where it was without toyota's 2000gt coming first.

with that said, i dont think there will be a high demand for the 240sx. the 240sx is in that awkward pubecent phase of automotive history. just past carbs, but before technology really settled in. if someone wanted a "vintage" japanese car, why would they settle on a 240sx? the R32's, R33's, and R34's would be much more desirable, like they are today. the 240sx is just your common RWD sports coupe.

do you see people collecting foxboy mustangs too?
Ah go back and do your Homework a total of maybe 10 2000GT's made it to the United States. Do you know your history behind them as well?

Nissan and Yamaha were working on the Father or mother of the 240z and came to heads on the design. Project was dropped over a disagreement. Yamaha took its engine design and body ideas coming off the Nissan project to Toyota and you got the 2000GT.

Meanwhile Nissan decided to restart the Fairlady Z project and brought Mr Katayama into the picture the 240z was born.

It sold in record amounts in the United States for a Foreign built sports car, costing only 4k for a 2350lb, IRS, rack and pinion steering, 150hp sports car. (original weight pre crash safety standards 70- early 72) Clearing over 170k units sold by 1973.

Though that may seem like not that much by todays sales standards back in the 70's for a sports car those numbers were phenomenal.

Its a classic in every sense. Its funny Yuri still keeps avoiding mentioning it (the 240Z)even though he mentions the 350z lol. OH OH wait he did say he would buy a refurbed one if they did that. Hmmmm hehehhehehhehe

Oh ya and first two years of 240sx sales in the U.S. were actually decent for a entry level sports car as well selling 60k units per year. No Honda civic numbers or 10 years and running Mazda Miata numbers but very respectable especially when compared to previous S12 sales numbers.

One more note the current Fairlady aka 350z is already being considered a classic in Japan its huge in sales and has dwarfed the G35.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote