View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #77
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfreek View Post
is there anyone in this forum who can help me with my variables so i can get a great suspension setup?
I can and can also, most likely, get you all the pieces you would need to have a good setup. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Question Wiisass:
Could the shocks and springs be replaced on these bargain-bin coilovers with quality components to give an awesome set-up that can be 2 way height adjustable?
By bargain bin, you're talking, D2, Megan, etc? If so, I don't think it would work. Something like the 8611 is already pretty thick, so putting a threaded housing around it and finding a threaded lower mount that it will work with is going to be hard. But you really don't need 2-way height adjustability if you design the setup properly. If you're making housings for the 8611 then you have some freedom in determining the overall length of the strut assembly. So then you would be able to use the spring perch for minor changes and corner weighting and the car will still sit where you want and you will maintain enough suspension travel. But if you wanted to have a lot of pieces custom made, you could make a double height adjustable setup. But it would take a lot of work and a lot of design. I actually have a setup like this already drawn up and just about ready for manufacture, but decided to try a different route first. Because making all the pieces for my own coilover would get a little expensive just to try. I wish I had the funds to just do it, but that's not the case.

So best bet to get the car to sit the way you want and maintain suspension travel would be to have custom mounting made for the 8611 inserts front and rear. I don't know how much it's going to cost, I also wonder if the rear shock body would be big enough to house the insert. If so, then it might have just gotten easier.

Tim
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote