View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #80
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ctnewman
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240
seems like somemuch overengineering to fit a awd trans that you arent gonna use. i see no upside to this. you had to spend all this time, you had to cut up the floor more, you are loosing floor room for the poor passenger, and you have all th extra weight of the transfer case haning off there.

i understand you had this trans already, but i think it the long run it would have been better to just source a rwd trans.

An rb25 trans is over a grand, approaching 1500. The only thing would not have to be cut would be the floor, it's still the same height, the whole tunnel still would have to be cut out. the passenger won't even notice the transfer case there.

Quote:
i see no upside to this.
upside #1: 1500 dollars???
upside #2: I know this transmission is good. I pulled it off of a GTR that I had driven
upside #3: Have you tried buying an RB25 trans? They are not easy to find.

Quote:
you had to spend all this time
at this point, nothing I have done would have been any different than using a RWD transmission, with the exception of the 30 seconds it took with a sawzall to cut the extra bit of floor.

Quote:
all th extra weight of the transfer case haning off there
In all reality, the transfer case weighs at most 40 extra pounds. Now that it's being gutted, expect that number to approach the weight of the RB25 tail section...

I'm just getting frustrated with everyone bitching about my use of the RB26 trans.

But, for all the haters, I am cutting the transfer case off today...
ctnewman is offline   Reply With Quote