View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #71
ctnewman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of lightctnewman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ctnewman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahl
Are you leaving the center diff on the side of the gearbox? By looking at some of the fab stuff you have done so far I doubt it will be a big deal for you to remove it and patch the box housing back up again.

the logistics of removing it are actually rather intricate. the drive chain actually feeds an internal oil pump in the form of splash lubrication.

BUT, it's kind of in the way of the exhaust at the moment. i'm debating whether or not to remove it...

as seen below, the drive chain dumps oil into the strainer assembly which feeds the oil pump... I just don't know what the oil pump is feeding...
ctnewman is offline   Reply With Quote