View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #25
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauld
(Assuming you're using a 240sx transmission)
If you shift at 6000RPM, here is where you would land in each gear.

2nd: 3400RPM
3rd: 4100RPM
4th: 4600RPM
5th: 4600RPM

I refer you back to my chart. You'll notice an improvement in torque across the that entire range.

Yeah but how much does it suck if you use your car as a daily driver as well, and you shift at 4000RPM. Then there are problems with the loss of some low end torque below that 3000rpm, you would think that you would want to keep that early momentum instead of droppiong it. Especially if you have a passenger or 2.
Don't you want to keep the momentum in first gear as well??? Getup off the line is most important, if you drop a substantial amount of low end in first alone you are dropping the 1/4mile time since fist gear uses the least amount of energy and power to get the momentum you want started, it's also the only gear that uses the entire power band in the 1/4mile. I can see how you say, "well I want all the power in the higher RPM", that is understandable
since you still are shifting past 4 other gears in the higher power band range. But you think that you would want a much broader range to use instead of just keeping it all (mid and high end), the KA is a stroker that is known for it's massive torque momentum in the earlier RPM range I don't know why people chose to defeat that purpose...
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote