View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
ryan hagen
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ryan hagen is making a name for him/her selfryan hagen is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi-Go
Please do not mention hybridka in your arguement. I do not want that forum to be related to your ignorance. You referred to that tune as the Juan Willy tune? The reason it was called the Jaun Willy tune is becuase Jim Wolf might be kinda mad when he finds out that people are stealing his tunes and using them for free. Are you saying you are going to steal from Jim Wolf, why dont you man up and buy my JWT ecu for 200 bucks instead of stealing intellectual property.

I think you need to research the way a ECU actually works becuase if you bump your base timing it increases the timing in every single area on the ignition map.

Also I always felt a torque increase when timing was advanced. I would like to see a dyno chart showing that HP is increased and torque is lost.

to make the car run properly though you should have the ignition tuned via the ecu, not by turning the distributor, in the event of something happening sensor or fuel wise (maf going out) your limp home mod will not be able to function properly because it is counting on that you have it set at 20, not 30. you run the risk of messing things up down the road. when that dyno power increase was charted did you comapre it to what it looked like previous. by bolting on parts and adjusting things like that you rarely make a power increase across the whole curve, normally you shift it around with out a proper tune, there are some things that increase the power across but not many, and one thing you ll notice is you can trade torque for hp, depends on what kinda dyno queen you want.

1990 hatch ka24de gt2871r
ryan hagen is offline   Reply With Quote