View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #41
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompressorlogic
hers something to think about Vinnie

i know tre and ive rode in his car plenty of times, car runs great and pulls nicly and doesnt seem to detect any knock on the SAFC II,and ive never heard any audiable detonation... with that -11% threw out upperband....

that even does seem a lil lean to me as well but...

what if we think about what the SAFC is actually doing.

the safc is suposed to take the input signal from the air flow and modify it to give it a lower reading so it tricks the ecu...

now since this device is mostly universal, i dont see how it can accuratly remove the same amount of fuel in all different cars. This means that the 11% number might actually be Arbitary... a 1% decrese on the safc might not be a 1% decrease in fuel in reality it could vary ( as with most universal electroincs)

since the number may be arbitrary or off scale, the only way to really know how much fuel was actually taken out is for tre to do some wide band logging, then we can conclude how much fuel was actually removed with this -11%...

for instance at about 5800 rpm on my rx-7 when i pulled 7% fuel on my SAFC on my 2nd gen rx-7 turbo II, my air fuel rose from a 11.4 up to a 11.9:1

so what im saying now is I dont think these SAFC %+/-are accurate, his -11% could in reality be less, thus explaining why his car isnt detonating and xploding yet lol....

so it could be posible that his "blind" tune might actually be on par.

(now when he origionally got it i told him he could prolly get away with about -5% percent,as in most cars thats what u can get away with, just like how u explained that overly rich in the mid range rpm, but then he did the higher percent on his own)

Well not to bash Tre anymore but you seem to know your shit and present yourself well. I wish Tre could of done the same.....
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote