View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #33
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompressorlogic
car manfactures allways tune cars stock overly rich and with milder timing to ensure the engine lasts a long time so idiots cant blow it up......

i mean if your selling a car to the masses wouldnt u want to tune it with quite a WIDE safty margin to insure users cant blow engines under warentee with small modifications or minor errors??

( yeah id say tre running that lean is kind of dancing with the devil but its allways a trade off of power VS safty)

do you have any data logging of the stock ecu to prove it runs that close to stoich?? id like to at least see a stock ECU data log A/F graph of like a 4th gear pull or somethin
Yes this is true. The Nissan tune is infact enriched by about 7% of fuel over air in it's ratio in early rpm's. But when you bolt on a filter and a CAT back it increases the mixture to stoich at about 4000RPM and on. Then when performance headers are added it further increases to a leaner ratio since the EGR system doesn't consume as much hot exhaust gas. It doesn't take a lot of modification for the KA to run lean. The ratio runs at a decent 12 F/A ratio. The tune runs really rich from 1200RPM on to about 3500RPM I have some dyno graphs with some data log enties let me look around for a bit and repost. Probably get back to it after dinner.
On another note the MAF isn't directly the problem with KA24de's, the fact that it isn't set up for wideband o2 is.....
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote