View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #12677
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the Z throwback logo better reflect the old schoolness of the car they are going to present

and 400z is STUPID! if they labeled it "300Z" given the engine size, that will bring A LOT more recognition to the car they are trying to sell given you ask someone "hey you know the 300z" and they immediately know what youre talking about versus "hey you know the 350z/370z" and they just kinda go "uhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
100% on all accounts here.

I am really hoping Nissan realizes how huge the hype behind the IDX was and utilizes some design. In the carscoop article about the next Z (linked on that page), they mentioned a 240z inspired front, 300z inspired rear - but the overall "shape" will not change much. Also article says they have heard it will be offered in a 9 speed auto and 6 speed manual (yes... PLEASE!)

Now - IMO, that sounds darn good - my only caveat is that I truly hope they make the body smaller. The 370z and GT-R are far too bloated. It needs to be smaller. If they accomplish that... man, it could really earn some trust back from the Nissan sport car enthusiast. Especially if the car can get low 30k (wishful thinking, I know).