View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #597
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
But why would you do this?? The Q45 is available in 3.69 and 3.54 ratios to cover those basis without requiring diff bushings or having to modify the subframe for it to fit.

Which leaves me with these few questions

1) Does a standard R200 diff (say ATS carbon or even a HLSD) swap into the Q45 diff housing?? Its obvious the pinion shaft bearings are actually bigger/longer/etc in the Q45 vs the standard R200 (Z32, 240sx, J30) diff.

2) Can a standard R200 diff (again, say S15 HLSD or ATS carbon) swap into a 350Z R200?? I suspect the answer is yes as a direct swap??
Because the Q45 diff is 25 years old, annoying to source, requires a Z32 axle or some machining know how, and I've seen them explode.

Also for what it's worth if I played the S chassis game again I'd do the 8.8 IRS setup and call it a day personally