PDA

View Full Version : stupid clutch master

neilsan
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I like my clutch adjusted with as close to off the floor engagement as i can.

my problem is if I adjust the pedal lower by threading the rod in, within hours the engagement is back up at the top which feels like my dads volvo station wagon. The whole pedal assembly moves back up as if I made no adjustment at all. This 1) really sucks for drivability and 2) confuses the shit out of me.

I could go thread the adjustment rod in all the way right now. On a 50 mile trip the engagement would slowly start to make its way back up to a 'normal' position. I know how a clutch master cylinder works, but Im having a hard time understanding what's happening in my case. Its as if the piston is moving back farther and farther. I could then later thread the rod back out a bunch, pump it a couple times so its at a more factory setting half way point, but itll still creep back up.

i installed a stainless clutch flex line and new slave and deleted the dampener assembly. when i did this I bled the entire line clean with fresh castrol gt-lma. The CMC is still the original.

someone tell me what stupid thing im not thinking of that's making this happen. its really uncomfortable feathering the clutch when engagement is higher than the brake pedal.

sean350z
01-24-2006, 07:51 PM
i'd download the FSM and adjust the clutch master cylinder and pedal to the specs stated in the FSM. it gives percise measurements to assure proper operation of the cylinder.

if that doesn't work, take it out and examine :)

sounds like the clutch isn't engaging because the pedal is so high up.....adjust it back to normal