PDA

View Full Version : Bride Zeta III equivalents from Sparco & Recaro?

TurDz
01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, I know there are numerous seat threads, but this is a more specific question that I needed everyone to read.

For those who have sat (or fit in) a Bride Zeta III, what model seats from Sparco and Recaro have the same snug fit?

I fit perfectly into a Zeta III, and if I could get that same sizing + comfort, man, I'd do myself a big favor and save a lot of $$.

thanks for any help.

kingsol
01-20-2006, 05:34 PM
the spg is similar, but so is the price.

revat619
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Recaro SP GT - the leg bolsters are much closer to those of the Zeta III. However the SP GT is way more expensive. I dont see why, but whatever. Like whats been said, the SPG is in the same price range and is very comfortable. I'd say its closer to the Zeta II though.

Sparco Corsa - Very similar to the Zeta III, but imo, its not as comfortable.

Dousan_PG
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
u want FIA also? or doesnt matter
check out corbeau theirs are ok
zetaiii u can get pretty cheap often
whats your budget?
similar
maybe sparco EVO or CORSA?

C2AUTOSPL
01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Sparco sprint is pretty snug as the zeta III. I've owned the zeta III, vios III, Pros, rightnow the gias.

Here's the shameless plug...i have a sparco sprint here I need to get rid off :D They're FIA approved and are alot cheaper than the Zeta III. PM me if your interested.

sw20>>s14
01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
-cobra imola/suzuka is about the same design, cheaper, plus they have kevlar shells...

-maybe the spl ones in developement from what ive seen...

-iirc, the signal ones look similar in design also...

-panda garage has a seat that is almost exactly the same...with the only difference being the PG has more sufficient waist bolsters...

but ive only sat in the zeta III, spg pole position, and cobra...theres a good chance each major seat manufaturer has a "zeta III" in their line up...its a really simple, universal, and effective design...

Dousan_PG
01-20-2006, 05:45 PM
sparco spring is a POS seat that shouldnt even be compared close to a ZETAIII
its a bottom mounted, puffy fabric, high under thigh pad with shitty support

i know, i used to own one.

i UPGRADED to s14 seats from it.
worst seat ive EVER owned. besides s13 seats (factory)

revat619
01-20-2006, 05:48 PM

hahahahaha i was gonna say the exact same thing. Sparco sprint isnt even in the same category. No offense, but for real bolstering and driving comfort, that seat is horrible.

Our Panda Garage seats are good, but they're not FIA rated. Just so you know.

If you want to look outside of Sparco and Recaro and you want FIA rating, as its already been said, the Cobra Suzuka would be an excellent choice.

C2AUTOSPL
01-20-2006, 05:54 PM

I'm nnot comparing the SPrint to the Zeta III, I'm just giving the guy another option since he said he wanted to save some money. I know the Zeta III is far superior to SPrint. I've owned a couple of sets myself, but after a while, my back started to hurt since it cant recline, so I got myself something else.

Dousan_PG
01-20-2006, 05:57 PM
you said it was sung like the III thats not comparing?
the sprint it not snug
doesnt offer the same shoulder support, or leg (thigh support)

maybe the hips?? if that

ive owned lots of seats too
s13, s14, s15, sprint, brix (2 times), ergo, zetaII, zeig, and now maxis.
probably got a GARAGE THRASH seat coming soon too, for the extra car.

sprint was the worst of the lot! total junk.

i would recommend a SPRINTif you lke to hart park or feel like a 'real driver'. because at atrack w/ a sprint, is not a good idea.
want a harness? no sub belt hole too.

anyways good luck with you rsale
but a TERRIBLE buy for the guy looking for seats equivilant/same support/comfort/quality and style to a ZETAIII

C2AUTOSPL
01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
riiight...

Anyway, TurDz if I were you just get teh Zeta III, quality is top notch and is really worth the penny. Unless if you dont need an FIA seat you can settle for the Zeta III Sports.

A Spec Products
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
i own sparco evo fits me perfect (34")

sparco pro2000 is good, but only WITH the kidney pads, without its loosey goosey

recaro spg is more snug, but still fits

zeta III fits but not very comfortably

recaro spg XL fits awesome, and bolster is stupid high on the leg/knee part

haha revat619, the panda garage seats are pretty cool, if fatties like me could fit! i fit my left butt cheek when i tried it!

the seat i REALLY want right now is the Recaro SP-GTII Classic Harrier

or maybe the SP-GTIII Classic 360

bride gradation aint got nuffin on those!

TurDz
01-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I've recently tried sitting in a (my first bride!) Zeta III and I really understand why people praise them so much.

Umm..I also did some street donuts (...) a few days ago and I was in my friend's 86 Corolla with a Sparco Sprint, what a coincidence huh? IMHO, it was actually OKAY...

I'm small (5'6, 130lb) and the Sprint was ok (better than my S14 SE seats). The thing that bothered me honestly was its very uncomfortable padding/frame, since it's steel tubular, you can actually feel that on your back and sides. And yeah, the leg bolster support sucked for my size, it was way too wide.

I could seriously fall asleep in the Zeta III, I wish I could try it again to be sure.

Umm, another question for you guys.

Is the Zeta III "Sport" model equivalent to the Zeta III? I don't need FIA approval for all the track events I go to since I don't race. If it's EXACTLY the same in terms of support, padding, (and I'm assuming the size), then that could be my answer right there.

Thank you all for your extremely quick replies, I was surprised when I saw this many :)

p.s. What are the split thigh cushions intended for? I never figured out the answer...

sw20>>s14
01-20-2006, 06:27 PM
the sport has the same dimensions, but it doesnt have:

-sparkle silver paint (whatever)
-FIA approval
-split thigh cushion
-and no leather on the shoulder
-only available in black (you could easily swap cushions if your wanted)

other than that, not much difference...i'd save the few hundred bux...i should be talking, i bit the dust and got the III...im a sucker for gradation...

TurDz
01-20-2006, 06:41 PM
sw20, thanks. They list that stuff on the Tee's USA website. So other than that, it's exactly the same? As in cushion support, overall solid support etc?

I mean, you know about the eBay Brix II replicas, right? They look the same but I've heard they have a totally unsupportive feel. That's what I'm trying to figure out with the Zeta III Sport. and what the split cushion is for, hehe.

A Spec Products
01-20-2006, 06:54 PM
sw20, thanks. They list that stuff on the Tee's USA website. So other than that, it's exactly the same? As in cushion support, overall solid support etc?

I mean, you know about the eBay Brix II replicas, right? They look the same but I've heard they have a totally unsupportive feel. That's what I'm trying to figure out with the Zeta III Sport. and what the split cushion is for, hehe.

split thigh cushion is so the whole pad doesnt twist when you push both legs down (while braking, clutch in, gas, etc), or so i think

brix replicas are what you pay for, but thats a whole 'nother discussion

for the price of a bride zeta III regular though, you could buy a recaro spg

for the price of a bride zeta sport, you could buy a sparco evo, pro2k, etc (fia approved)

i say if you cant get a regular zeta III, dont bother with the zeta sport, you would be better off with a sparco evo

sw20>>s14
01-20-2006, 06:55 PM
ah, i see what youre saying...that, i dont know...havent had the chance to try the sport yet...

as for the split cushion, i believe it gives your legs more room for movement without bringing the whole cushion down...such as heeltoe and clutch kicking...not that big of a deal...

C2AUTOSPL
01-20-2006, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=sw20>>s14]

as for the split cushion, i believe it gives your legs more room for movement without bringing the whole cushion down...such as heeltoe and clutch kicking[QUOTE]

you guys type to fast... :DUH:

btw, the fabric on the iii sports is different from the actual zeta iii's

A Spec Products
01-20-2006, 07:08 PM
http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/15/686c6d05-22cb-4e6d-b0cd-5598f9b24840.gif

:eek3d: haha <3

TurDz
01-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Ahh...soo many to choose from. Thanks for all the help. I think now it's just trying to sit in all the ones suggested.

revat619
01-20-2006, 07:19 PM
well just so you know the regular type seat that we have (the one similar to the zeta) does have a split in the leg cushion and the hole for a 5 point harness.

I dunno if this is considered at "commercial post" since i do work there, but here's what it looks like

http://ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/10956/DSC02192.JPG

sideview_180sx
01-21-2006, 01:00 AM
what!!!!!!!!!!!!! no votes for Sparco Circuit. That seat is awesome possum goodness. as of now It's either the circuit, PG SPL, or BHs seat haha.

TurDz
01-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Hi again, don't mind me, just posting more info.

I tried a Buddy Club Race Spec (Wide) seat today, I really LOVED the upper body portion, it fit me perfectly (you can ask the pinked OptionZero, it's his, haha). Very comfortable for the 1/2 hour I drove in it, and it felt better without the thigh cushion underneath. The only probably was that it was too wide in the leg section...I could fit a whole fist on the side of my leg and still move my thighs around.

So most likely, the Buddy Club normal one will fit me.

Anyway, I've been doing on and off research since I started this thread. Knowing that the Zeta III fits me real well, and the upper part of the Buddy club wide, I'm using those as references.

If anyone is interested, the Sparco EVO's overall width is about 30mm wider than the Zeta III (normal, type-S, and type L). It is also 25mm taller in height, 20mm taller from the bottom of the seat to the center of the shoulder supports.

I am compiling a list of measurements, and hope to get more specifics by asking people here on zilvia. When I'm done, I'll post up the Excel file.

sw20>>s14
01-21-2006, 04:57 AM
I am compiling a list of measurements, and hope to get more specifics by asking people here on zilvia. When I'm done, I'll post up the Excel file.
haha, is that the geeky davis research comin out? jp i do the same with everything i buy/plan to buy...pm'd ya back chris...