JUSTDRIFT AND DRIFT ASSOCIATION PRESENTS:
TOPDRIFT! BATTLE!!

FEB 26! 1ST ROUND AT WSIR OVAL!

for detailed information visit www.justdrift.com

http://justdrift.com/images/events/Feb2006-Rnd1.jpg

please post all questions here.

dyswtric
01-05-2006, 07:37 PM
this doesnt apply to round 1, but when you guys run horse thief will you require a cage on solo runs (not tandem)?

Dousan_PG
01-05-2006, 08:58 PM
yes need a cage and iirc a 'advanced' driver thru just drift which requires a competancy test indrifting. consitency, control and such test.

have to pass that to play on horse thief. wont be 'open to public' in that sense.

iirc. charlie?

Flybert
01-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, HTM requires advanced/pro status and rollbar with sideimpact bars. Aaron, I'm gonna start making my cage this weekend. $140 for 20ft of DOM. Gonna make a full 6 point for that cost. WAHAHAHA. Tandem competition here I come.

BTW, this is going to be the coolest series of all this year. Formula D can suck my balls. This shit is going to be more fair, cooler tracks, way more excitement, and a plausible venue for anyone to compete. Not gonna dish out on what the prizes are, but it's looking good. Media coverage is being worked out at the moment as well. This shit is going to be like BM hai status for sure. Can't wait.

Dousan_PG
01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
chris. cage? hook me up if it works out :) hehehhe
dont get the wrong metal shit too!!

yeah the JD battle is going to be fantastic, im very much looking forward to it

Flybert
01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Getting 1.5" diameter with 1/8" thickness. Could use for Formula D feeder series if I decide on doing it but meh. JD series is way cooler. Aero and paint should be on in two weeks as well. Car is going to be done. More focus on track time and paying bills. AHAHAHA.

This will be our first cage so I'll let you know if it's plausible to make one for you. I'll see if my dad can pick up the pipes for your Y-pipe as well. What size you want again? 3" in 2.5" out?

Dousan_PG
01-05-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah sounds good

brainfood
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
I will be there as long as it doesnt fill up before the 15th when I get paid :) rockin' the ka power! Putting in my cage right now stupid formula d qualifier forced me to get the cage earlier than expected so no $$$ but at least that means tandem at drift days and jd events. Are they going to be more strict on tandem without cage at willow now I know last year they said oh its the end of '04 no more tandem without a cage and thats the same thing Charlie said this year :)

dyswtric
01-06-2006, 01:42 AM
do you need advanced status to sign up for round 1 at the oval? on the rules pdf it says 4 events background, just making sure. ive got no chance of probably passing the first cut, but i still want to come out and try, and probably learn a crapload.

ramblux
01-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Media coverage is being worked out at the moment as well. :werd: ;)

Dousan_PG
01-06-2006, 03:38 AM
oval is not advanced. its 3rd to second full throttle course. sr is pretty darn 'easy' if you dont fuck up and eat the hay bale. which isnt cool at all.

with a ka its hard but definately do able. the corolla guys do damn well there too. take the right line and its all good. balls out. always. but thats not even a question.

Sil Beer S13
01-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Oval was fun as hell tore that up when i had my s13 rocking the KA.

Flybert
01-06-2006, 05:12 AM
do you need advanced status to sign up for round 1 at the oval? on the rules pdf it says 4 events background, just making sure. ive got no chance of probably passing the first cut, but i still want to come out and try, and probably learn a crapload.

If you have four events under your belt, you should be good to try and compete. All I know is that the competition is going to be VERY STIFF. Last JD comp had a ton of good drivers but this one will have a few more and with the tandem comp, we will get to see some new shit from the up and comers.

There are 2 notable drivers from Arizona that I know of. There are 2-3 notable drivers from Nevada that will be there. As for Cali, I'd say that their are around 13-14 notable drivers that will most likely be there. That's a total of 17-19 excellent drivers that have professional skills. This is why this series is going to be so fun and exciting.

I'm hoping that we'll get some spectators to make the trip out there and support grassroots drifting. It's going to be very entertaining to watch so bring as many people as you can.

charlie@justdrift
01-06-2006, 09:26 AM
sorry, i haven't checked for a couple of days... thanks! i wish i can express the excitement of this series. it's overflowing!!! we were busy trying to work things out with sponsors and other organizations. more official announcement will be made soon... and it will only get better!

as for who can enter: it's basically anyone that feels it! it's more for fun than anything else. these drivers have one thing in common... they just want to drive and have fun with their friends. thus, this series was born. it's fun to compete with friends, i know... been there and still there! doesn't matter to me if i win or lose, it's still rewarding because i get to spend time with my friends doing what we do best.. drifting!

i want to cut this short, i'm sure none of you want to read everything!

the competition has been modified a little bit: it's now 5 rounds plus all star which comes out to 6 rounds.

for entry, we will strictly cap this at 50 drivers as we have to allow time for practice and tandem rounds side match. if you have any questions, suggestions on the rules and regulations please i encourage you to email me. and we will look through it.

4 rounds in socal and 1 round in norcal plus 1 all star at Horse Thief Mile.

who's running in all star? top 20 for the season plus invited pro drivers.
i hope... by end of the season, whoever the top 20 is will be ready for HTM and will have an approved cage by then.

DoriftoSlut
01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
The series is gonna rock the fuck out! I wanna do both tandem and single, dunno what's the deal with that... i know in BM Hai you can do it like that tho.

And formula D feeder? Pshhh i haven't even seen anything promoting that yet. Fuck'em. JD is way more fun!

DavidC
01-09-2006, 05:23 PM
damn it wish i was still in socal :(

Crono562
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
the best thing about this series is its all about the drivers and drifting and not politics, unlike other certain series.... So everyone gets to have fun and learn and showoff some crazy drifting, cant wait :rawk:

IngS14
02-04-2006, 12:56 AM
:rl: im ready to battle this season!

gbond15
02-11-2006, 01:33 PM
this looks like fun. maybe i should make the trek down.

DoriftoSlut
02-11-2006, 10:20 PM
You should!

Everyone with a cage, grab a partner and go tandem. Dousan and I are doing the tandem comp!