PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing Turbo Manifold

240sxballa
01-01-2006, 10:17 PM
im prob gunna get ripped for this one but ,,

so does anyone know any links on reveiws on the Megan Racing SR20DET T25 Turbo Stainless Manifold, i found it for $140 shipped but i dont know alot about megan racing, and what kind quility there products are ? if anyone has any links on reveiws or opion on this cause iv serched and couldnt come up with anything? it be great

joncorreia
01-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I dont know any links, search the forums and you'll see some good reviews. They arent the best but if your on a buget it'll last you for a bit. Its a good deal and if it cracks you could just buy another one 1-2 later, after a couple of years it'll still be way cheaper than like a HKS $800 exhaust manifold :)

sr20player
01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
my manifold pretty nice but the dump pipe that came with it hits the steering column so i couldnt use it.

240sxballa
01-03-2006, 05:43 PM
yeh im on a budget tahts why i was asking around if this one is any good i mean i could go out and buy one for 800 bucks and be set but right now i have so many other things to do to my car, i wasnt going to get a manifold like the stock one on my sr20 right now is in ok shape but if i can get one for $140 right now thats good shit if its a somewhat good manifold,

neilsan
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
it's made well and looks nice. Ive only had it on for about 15 drive hours, so I can't talk about its reliability, but it fit 100%, has an effective little bracket to help keep the weight of the turbo off of the pipes and if you get the new Megan downpipe with a flex joint, cracking shouldn't be a problem. if you spring the extra cash to get the manifold Jet-Hot coated, it won't discolor (looks cool all yellow purple and blue from the heat the first time you run it but then it gets shitty looking from stuff like rainwater and drops of oil off the dipstick) and will ensure long life, not to mention lower engine bay temps (keep the brake master safe) and keep the exhaust pulses hotter to help with scavenging and spooling. It also will keep the pipes from expanding so much with heat so that'll help out the lifespan too.

You'll notice the MOST difference however with a nice turbo extention/o2 housing/dump pipe as opposed to the manifold itself. I was lucky and found my Trust for $150 shipped off some dude ditching his project but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat full price. fits awesome and very well made. DO NOT buy the 'hks style' turbo outlet from ssautochrome. search for my post on that little fucker to see what i mean.

p.s. megan manifolds come with a 1 year warrantee card.

nsn240
01-04-2006, 09:27 AM
i've had mine on for ~500miles... not a single problem

drifter808
01-04-2006, 10:47 AM
i know 3 guys with 350+hp 240's running the megan manifolds and they have had no problems. they also drift them extremly hard and no fatigue in them yet. but they do discolor which can make them look ugly. They had been running them for about 6-7 months.Im gonna be buying one pretty soon. plus the price is so hard to beat.

defiantmofo
01-04-2006, 11:37 AM
watch out if you have a non-flexing downpipe and a slammed car. when you hit bumps or rumble strips, there's no flex point if your exhaust bottoms out, so the stress is transfered to the manifold bends. if choose a TF downpipe with flex section you will have less chance of that added stress being placed on the manifold.

Sil-Abc
01-04-2006, 07:04 PM
well i just installed one and havent test driving it yet but i did have several fitment problems. first off i have arp exhaust manifold studs, so they are a little extended. The farthest top nut and bolt will be very close to the last pipe. I had to shave my wrench in order for it to it fit and to tighten the manifold down. Second problem i had was that the oil catch can was in the way so that had to go. Replaced it with a pcv pipe. For some resason i had to take off my master brake cylinder in order for it to fit but i have a 300zx master cylinder and a s14 auto brake booster so that could be the culprit. Other than these minor issues it should be fine

golfer17
01-05-2006, 01:06 PM
it's made well and looks nice. Ive only had it on for about 15 drive hours, so I can't talk about its reliability, but it fit 100%, has an effective little bracket to help keep the weight of the turbo off of the pipes and if you get the new Megan downpipe with a flex joint, cracking shouldn't be a problem. if you spring the extra cash to get the manifold Jet-Hot coated, it won't discolor (looks cool all yellow purple and blue from the heat the first time you run it but then it gets shitty looking from stuff like rainwater and drops of oil off the dipstick) and will ensure long life, not to mention lower engine bay temps (keep the brake master safe) and keep the exhaust pulses hotter to help with scavenging and spooling. It also will keep the pipes from expanding so much with heat so that'll help out the lifespan too.

You'll notice the MOST difference however with a nice turbo extention/o2 housing/dump pipe as opposed to the manifold itself. I was lucky and found my Trust for $150 shipped off some dude ditching his project but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat full price. fits awesome and very well made. DO NOT buy the 'hks style' turbo outlet from ssautochrome. search for my post on that little fucker to see what i mean.

p.s. megan manifolds come with a 1 year warrantee card.

yeah, i took a big hit on one of them ssac outlets myself, but now i got a megan outlet and it is great. as far as the megan turbo mani's go, they seem to be worth the money, just make sure you get a flex somewhere in your exhaust. if you really want to get a good one that will last though, go with full race or peakboost or onefab, not some hks "decent quality but not near worth the money" junk.

umzenki
01-05-2006, 01:38 PM
im running the manifold and have had it on for a few months. done a few drift events with it as well. its holding up fine, minus the discoloration everybody else mentioned. for the cash you really cant beat it.

rotation3x
05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
i have a megan racing manifold on my s13 sr20det blacktop everything was good had to file out a couple holes to make it go on easier. but what i wanted to ask was have any of you noticed a difference in power i didnt get to see a difference because i had my old sr w/ stock manifold blown up so i got a s13 blacktop and got the manifold and put it on. It seems like i lost alot of bottom end power or torque but pulls strong on the top end. I got it dynoed it put out 22whp and 197 wtq. i was thinking about going back to stock and getting it dynoed again. I also have the greddy turbo outlet pipe. with 3" topspeed down pipe test pipe and 3"top speed cat back.

!Zar!
05-09-2006, 08:48 PM
The MR turbo manifold is worth it's price. I've been running their manifolds and have had no problems. Still waiting for mine to crack, but it's lasted much longer than expexted. So I have no complaints.