PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! The 1st Drift Park in the Country!

Rhoad Racing
12-28-2005, 12:20 PM
http://www.whizwheels.com/Tracks/Graphics/lamarcountyraceway.jpg
This is an older pic, but it shows the course layout. It's a 1/2 mile road course with an integrated banked oval.

HTS Motor sports Inc. (David Hayman, Scott Tackett, Mike Sims) in association with Top Hat Performance and SEDA (South East Drift Association) would like to announce Black Hills Curcuit. Black Hills will be the first track in the country that is geared directly to Drifting and Gymkana. It will also catter towards Karting, Motto-x, Auto-x, and other interested motor sports. We would like to see a gauge of interest in supporting our newly founded organization. Please email us at [email protected] with a message of interest so we can get a feel for a customer base.

Track is 45 minuets out of Atlanta. Track will be a full race facility and fully staffed speed shop on premises. Unlike other large tracks we will cater towards the average enthusiast as well as pro shops and professional drivers. Customers would be welcome to attend various events and rent out the track as well.

We are in the works of getting the artist rendisions done so that we can show you guys/ gals what it's gonna look like when it's done. The pic posted above is very old and the track will barely look like this when it's done. It's going to be much wider and more additions. The Oval that you see is banked at 15 degrees and is totally driftable as it stands now.
We haven't set a solid date for the first open day yet. But it's going to be very soon. We are setting it up to handle D1 and Formula D Events.
I haven't heard what the final price is going to be for a general daily price but I will post up rates and fees as soon as I hear.

More information will be availible in the near future @ http://www.southeastdrift.com

PLEASE EMAIL US with your interest.

Thank you in advance for your interest and support,

David Hayman, Scott Tackett, Mike Sims, Chad Copeland and Chris Rhoad.

[email protected]
Thanks for your time.
ChrisRhoad@
SouthEastDrift.com
SEDA (South East Drift Association)

Thrill Capsule
12-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Looks sweet, build one of them in jersey or the tristate area please:2f2f:

AndysAutoSport
12-28-2005, 12:52 PM
That is extremely nice! :bigok: Glad to see tracks spawning up across the county. Now we need to bring one to the West Coast!

Good work fellas!

FaLKoN240
12-28-2005, 01:04 PM
+1 for west coast drift park. That'd be fucking SWEET.

drftwerks
12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
ID BE DOWN for a west coast trip out there

TurDz
12-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Haha man...I can only imagine how much $$$ will go to the person who opens up the first quality drift park in Cali!

anyway, very nice plans!

A Spec Products
12-28-2005, 04:48 PM
That is extremely nice! :bigok: Glad to see tracks spawning up across the county. Now we need to bring one to the West Coast!

Good work fellas!

we do have west coast stuff

just in SOCAL

hahahah

tracks arent cheap tho, which is why stuff like justdrift kicks ass

they need to make a real drift park like in japan, i dont have pics or video but i have the og option vid on vhs somewhere, its has islands to practice gymkhana, etc, kinda like a technical skidpad, among other things

Dousan_PG
12-28-2005, 05:37 PM
lookos like a converted kart track
cool i guess

need better pics though for sure.

Ian
12-28-2005, 10:20 PM
isn't that what a good drift circuit is?

a high speed gokart track lol

kognition
12-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Definitely has potential. Your marketing will make you or break you. Put some out of towner packages together with a local hotel. I think you will clean up.

Dousan_PG
12-28-2005, 11:03 PM
isn't that what a good drift circuit is?

a high speed gokart track lol

no. its not
look at NIKKO or EBISU

EH9
12-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Comment removed.

Ian
12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
yeah...ebisu looks like a high speed go kart track to me

maybe wider but that's why this track is getting renovations

Dousan_PG
12-28-2005, 11:32 PM
you have to go there and see in person
then youd understand maybe.

Ian
12-28-2005, 11:37 PM
I challenge you to a drift battle!!! ...to the death...

You're probably right. It's hard to tell proportions from either pics. But I've seen alot of trackside footage from Ebisu and I stand by my statement that compared to the road courses in my neck of the woods, it's a damn go kart track...a big one though.

Dousan_PG
12-28-2005, 11:43 PM
ebisu south
standing along wall is fun
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/dousan/DSC01215.jpg

big ebisu (for d1gp)
http://www.ziptied.com/media/Ebisu%20Circuit%20-%202003/images/hiroshiwall.jpg

ebisu does have like..8 courses some are for kart but these to, are pretty wide to be for kart. imo

blaze1
12-29-2005, 01:38 AM
whats the price tag on a small track like that? Mabey i eill build one if I win the lotto lol, if I dont win the lotto I can just move to the ATL.

RedSuns
12-29-2005, 07:27 AM
I would make the haul out there for it.

bleach8484
12-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Yesssssssss, Its only 30 minutes from my house!

Just hope it doesnt get over run with arrogant people that arent tolerant of new "drifters"

Rhoad Racing
12-29-2005, 09:18 AM
thanks gentleman.
We have big big plans for this track, but we will be dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into renovations before any of those plans actually happen. From what I've been told...all, or atleast most, of the renovations should be done by mid summer.

Originally Posted by kognition
Definitely has potential. Your marketing will make you or break you. Put some out of towner packages together with a local hotel. I think you will clean up.
agreed. And we've already started looking into it.

AndysAutoSport
12-29-2005, 11:40 AM
we do have west coast stuff

just in SOCAL

hahahah

tracks arent cheap tho, which is why stuff like justdrift kicks ass

they need to make a real drift park like in japan, i dont have pics or video but i have the og option vid on vhs somewhere, its has islands to practice gymkhana, etc, kinda like a technical skidpad, among other things

I think the DVD you're referring too was the option video called, "Learning how to Drifto 101". hahahaha :fawk:

Like I said earlier though, this looks like it will be a success out in the mid east! There's gotta be one coming out here on the Westcoast for goodness sakes, Guam is getting one too!

wisDOMination
12-29-2005, 12:48 PM
dope!
we need a new track down here in hawaii...
the person who owns the land wants to take it back so itll be a matter of time till the streets will be all dangerous. hahaha. i should just move to the land of he rising sun...

S14DB
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Where is this? Zip Code?

A Spec Products
12-29-2005, 07:02 PM
dope!
we need a new track down here in hawaii...
the person who owns the land wants to take it back so itll be a matter of time till the streets will be all dangerous. hahaha. i should just move to the land of he rising sun...

i swear if they close hawaii raceway im gonna cry

i was planning on moving back eventually, i will be sad if theres no place to drift

some dude with a 350z went off the pali the other day, he was apparently "street racing" :( ugh

I think the DVD you're referring too was the option video called, "Learning how to Drifto 101". hahahaha

Shooooot, you know I watch that thing at least 10 times a day. I finally mastered the donut. It's been 3 years in the making but boy am I making progress.

infinitexsound
12-29-2005, 10:03 PM
sweet more of these little tracks and its ON...

wisDOMination
12-30-2005, 12:21 AM
i swear if they close hawaii raceway im gonna cry

i was planning on moving back eventually, i will be sad if theres no place to drift

some dude with a 350z went off the pali the other day, he was apparently "street racing" :( ugh

yea, just heard about it today
the car was totaled!!! but yea, i wonder if there's like a rish a$$ dude here in hawaii who would be willing to build a new track. something so we can have international drift events. hahaha. just an idea

Andrew Bohan
01-01-2006, 12:53 AM
we need a bay area track like that. in the cities somewhere. at least closer than altamont

santacruisin
01-09-2006, 02:04 PM
The Drift Bible has a great layout for a drift park. The part where dorikin is practicing in his 86 showcases the course.

You know we don't really need a real "track." All we need is a shitload of land that we can pave over. Then we can set up cones in whatever way we want to change the course layout on a whim and for different skill levels. Just smoothe even pavement and and its on!

kenversusryu
01-15-2006, 05:27 AM
that's awesome. I just wished the track was a little bigger.. and squigglier ifyou know what i mean. d=D

tougeracer
01-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Definitely making a trip to ATL upon completion. Less than a half day trip for me :)

Andrew Bohan
01-15-2006, 11:32 AM
You know we don't really need a real "track." All we need is a shitload of land that we can pave over. Then we can set up cones in whatever way we want to change the course layout on a whim and for different skill levels. Just smoothe even pavement and and its on!

i totally disagree with this idea. a real race track with striped berms and definate division between on and off track is where it's at. a smooth transition from pavement to grass/dirt keeps the risk low. hell, even at buttonwillow where there's a lip on the pavement and bumps in the dirt, i don't recall anyone tearing bumpers off or damaging suspension.

what there needs to be is a real race track with a configuration suitable for beginners and a skidpad off to the side for learning basics like donuts and figure-8's

Ian
01-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah...there is no comparison between parking lots with cones and a true road course.

I know a few tracks that are great for drifting though, we don't need "drift parks".

We need more drifters in my area to commit to events so costs can go below 250 per person for a road course drift event.

KiDyNomiTe
01-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Parking lots suck for drift tracks. There is just a different feeling you get being on a real track.

15 out of 16 of the events I have been to have been on tracks (go kart tracks and testing facilities). Cone lined courses are setup way too easy, they are made to be like 2-3 times the width of regular tracks, suck for teaching proper lines.

On the whole "drift track" thing, ya I gues thats nice, but in general drift tracks are easy to make. They can be autocross courses, and go kart tracks.

I just hope more and more places accept drifting and don't think it will destroy thier tracks..

YeXG
01-29-2006, 10:17 PM
why god why?.. let all state and city get one..

candyred240sx
02-01-2006, 05:49 AM
im from the md/va/dc area i just need sum 2 drift with mainevent i plan to stop by the shop 1 day next week get sum parts.my cars not drift ready so im at the mercy of my cash flow.im just learning but want theres not enough events and there exspensive.