PDA

View Full Version : Redline problem.

SnakeKack
12-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Friday I replaced my Radiator because the old one had a crack in it, and when I went to buy my radiator I figured I would purchase a new cat since everytime I step out of my car I smell that nasty rotten eggs.

Well here is something interesting that is happening since I replaced them. When I gun it and when I hit about 60-70 my rpms just climb to the top. It seems like my car isn't shifting into its final gear or something (its an auto btw). But it seems like its only when I gun it and get to those speeds because when I gradually get to those speeds the rpms don't redline.

What can it be? It only did this after I changed those parts so I'm guessing its one of them. Maybe I just have to break them in or something? But one thing is differewnt after the cat was replaced, that ground wire looking thing broke off. I figured it wasn't a big deal, what is that for anyway?

SnakeKack
12-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Maybe the cat is leaking somewhere?

orion::S14
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
If it's an auto...did you top off the trans fluid after you installed the radiator?

It has 2 cooling lines that run through the radiator core...how much tranny fluid came out when you disconnected them? Did you properly reconnect the auto trans cooling lines?

??? - Brian

RedtopTech
12-27-2005, 05:51 PM
your radiator has a built in transmission cooler. If didnt add enough fluid back into the transmission then the clutches inside of the trans would slip, causing your problem. Also the ground strap that you mentioned is to ground the exhuast. While this strap is not really a necessity, it does reduce E.M.F. "electro-magnetic interference."

SnakeKack
12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
The lines look good no leaks. And I lost a little bit of fluid not alot, about enough to squirt me in the eye...ahem.....The dipstick says its ok. But I might just add a little bit anyways. Its just wierd it shifts fine through all the gears until the last gear.

SnakeKack
12-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Wait, you think maybe my new cat isn't flowing right and it is causing to much back pressure and making the tranny slip?

SnakeKack
12-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Wait, you think maybe my new cat isn't flowing right and it is causing to much back pressure and making the tranny slip?

SnakeKack
12-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Whoa why did it post my my reply so many times? o_O