PDA

View Full Version : why wont my rpms work??

dimsumsil80
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM
i have a 1990 with a red top swap. before i got the swap i got a heads up display gauge cluster. i had to take it to a shop n to make it work in my car with out that piece that goes on top of the dashboard. so it was workin fine til i got my swap. everything on the cluster works but the tachometer dosent work at all. i heard that you need to change the speed sensor out but i dont know from what car. please help me out. ive seen a post for this somewhere else but didnt bother to look :bash: HELP!! :cry:

Ritz S14
12-22-2005, 06:45 PM
You need a DOHC tach.

See the search button up top? It's there for you to look up information that has been posted/asked/re-posed/re-answered and etc.

SRd240sx
12-23-2005, 02:30 AM
if you use DOHC tach, which speed sensor do you use? SR? KA-E?

95zilvia
12-23-2005, 03:46 AM
You just use the sr speed sensor.

So... if you're car is a SOHC, and you want to run an SR, you need to swap to a DOHC cluster. Or you could just swap the tachometer, but yeah, just use the cluster with your front clip.

mRclARK1
12-23-2005, 04:06 PM
If you need a DOHC cluster for an SR, I got one you can have for cheap. It's in good shape and been sitting here unused for about 9 months. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.