PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Dye

jdmbrian
12-18-2005, 03:34 PM
anyone ever use a fabric dye? i bought a used bucket seat from japan and it was blue. gay ass fuck looking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/jdmbrian/bridereplica.jpg

now i got crazy and bought some of that fabric spray from dupli color. Boy is it gay. but whatever a cheap seat, fuck it anything is better then that blue. and i was right. looked sick at night. i pull the seat out and put it in the car and i see it during the day and the seats color was now black and blue. looks like midnight blue. but whatever. i wanted to dye the fabric black. has anyone ever used a black dye of fabric before? does it work? does it stain clothing? is it completely permanent? any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is what the out come of the seat came to be. the dark corner of the chair towards the top was a sharpie. but i aint going to sharpie the entire chair lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/jdmbrian/midnightblueseat.jpg

Seat feels and in my opinion looks great (my car, i like my shit. screw the world) but i wanted the seat to be black and lol i failed to accomplish my goal lol. thanks to those who help, and leave good comments.

ThatGuy
12-18-2005, 03:38 PM
RIT dye. This has been covered before. Please try searching.

jdmbrian
12-18-2005, 03:43 PM
RIT dye. This has been covered before. Please try searching.

heard before rit dye is crap. anyone with any other dyes?

SRd240sx
12-18-2005, 03:54 PM
i've used rit before, on my shoes. doesn't work that well. isn't there fabric dye specific for car interiors?

jdmbrian
12-18-2005, 03:57 PM
i've used rit before, on my shoes. doesn't work that well. isn't there fabric dye specific for car interiors?

thanks for posting. ive looked around for fabric dyes. all i get are these crazy ones where the ask you to boil shit on your stove top. its alittle crazy. i was wondering if anyone has had expiriences of their own with different dyes, and the outcome. about specific car interior dye. i got no clue. thanks for posting.

DrtyRat
12-19-2005, 07:31 AM
thanks for posting. ive looked around for fabric dyes. all i get are these crazy ones where the ask you to boil shit on your stove top. its alittle crazy. i was wondering if anyone has had expiriences of their own with different dyes, and the outcome. about specific car interior dye. i got no clue. thanks for posting.
Hey check this out...http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/miataseats/ I did alot of searching cuz I'm thinking about doing this to my carpet...I did the dupicolor thing w/my carpet and It came out pretty good in the begining but it's starting to fade....I haven't found the marhyde anywhere locally(trust me I checked) but obviously U can get it online.

whammie
12-21-2005, 07:18 AM
If you are looking for a cheap way to get a deep black try india ink... from and art store. When I was in school I dumped a small bottl eof that stuff on a pair of jeans and it never came out and it was black as night.

Just remoev the seat cover and soak it in a solution of ink and water... once it goes black... well you know.

breakindrifts
12-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Anyone know of something you can use to paint/dye alcantara or suede?