PDA

View Full Version : clutch install prob

luke20
05-12-2002, 04:41 PM
I installed an ACT six puck w/ a heavy duty pressure plate while swapping the SR20DET into my 91 240sx le.  today I was bleeding the clutch, and having a hard time getting any pressure.  There was a little bit of pressure, all the way at the end of the pedal "stroke", but not enough to send the pedal back up the whole way.  I bled the clutch through the slave cylinder, and the distribution block, under the car.  There is no air in the line, and also no leaks.  A friend of mine said that he had to adjust the pedal under the dash of his 300zx tt, after he installed his clutch.  He had to "pull out" the length of the master cylinder piston that is threaded into the pedal.  Well, I did it, and it worked for me, too.  Is this Standard Operating Procedure when installing a heavier clutch, or is something wrong here?  thanks

240sxygrl
05-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey,
I had the same problem as far as not getting any pressure when installing a clutch in an s13. I bled the lines for about 2 hours and then just let it gravity bleed and still nothing. Ended up doing the same thing that you did, but then clutch engaged at the wrong spot, so I had to keep adjusting. Is it the correct way to do things? Maybe. Does it work? Yes.

luke20
05-13-2002, 11:43 AM
yeah, I did the same thing.  There is NO air in the line.  I'm going to start it up, and maybe drive it for the first time later today, so I'll see how it engages. I'll let you know