PDA

View Full Version : fuel system problem? car laggy @ low end stumbling idle, etc.

Indolent
12-08-2005, 10:18 AM
91s13 ka24de, stock except for a gutted cat/exhaust

k.. here goes

oil change came up

i always ran seafoam every oil change in my car with no problems.
put some whatever spark plugs in then i ran seafoam in car for 20 mins, did the brake booster one too, both at the same time this time

took my valve cover off cause i was going to take the other guide off for the timing chain, took out the dist., had my friend pour another bottle of oil in to drain/flush out whatever i can of the seafoam, he jus poured it all over the top of the cams/springs etc, got lazy, put it all back together cause i had other crap to do fast, it's not exactly right in place, checked with a timing light but timing was still at around/close to 20 degrees, put the regular spark plugs back in (still good) then i drive around, car seems to backfire louder than usual, car would stumble at idle, drop from normal to low rpms and eventually just bog out, as i drive seems like the car wasn't getting enough -fuel like it was laggy at low end then seemed a little normal, i checked my gap on spark plugs, fixed em' seemed fine, got a little better

next day
-car bogging crazier, 8-100/200 rpms
-backfiring louder
-response sucks, low end not as great
-replaced fuel pump with extra i had, tried to crank, no luck, put original back in, no luck either, car would just crank then...
-replaced fuel pump with brand new walbro 255
-car ran again, felt like low end sucked, stumbling at idle a bit checked spark plugs, blackish
-replaced spark plugs with brand new ngk r's hopefully i gapped them right lol
-checked timing roughly 20 degree's
-drive around...
-car stumbles at idle, but not like before when it seemed more like it was going to bog out and die, response is not as great like from idle-2800rpm around there, then sometimes it seemed like my car wasn't getting fuel since the rpms wouldn't continously go up like it'll pause, reminds me of my fuel injector leak
-checked spark plugs, got a little black, half of it's black the other half looks brand new

maybe this time seafoam fucked my engine up?
any ideas
just want helpful information regarding my problem
i'm going to check if my fuel injectors are leaking later today to see if they're leaky

another question, installing a walbro 255 shouldn't alter the fuel delivery right? only if i'm boosting or something right? i ask cause (stock ka), and i didn't want to spend more money on a stock oem part when i had access to a walbro right then and there, had to get my stuck car out of my friends house and get it back to my place

orion::S14
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Are you chekcing the timing with the TPS unplugged?

If not, you're getting bad readings.

Unplug TPS, get the idle to settle @ ~650-700rpm, and check base timing...I'll bet you're off ~10 degrees and the ECU is trying to compensate...so it shows 20 with the light.

- Brian