PDA

View Full Version : Transmission/Clutch issues?

RaidenKing
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Well recently I screwed up my oem clutch after a session so I took the car down to the shop and had the ACT stage 2 clutch installed. For a week it ran great, I mean it actually felt like the car was being PUSHED and not PULLED by the engine. Power was getting to the ground.

Now, after a week of driving conservatively to break it in, the same exact problems are happening as when I had my previous clutch in.
In 3rd, 4th or 5th anywhere after about 2,200 rpms on light throttle I start to hear a 'clank clank clank clank' that goes faster with throttle input and then becomes inaudible after you get high enough in the rpm band. I've also been getting the same clutch smell I would get as if I had been hard on the clutch but I've been driving too cautiously to cause that.
Now the car also feels like the engine is having to pull the transmission along. Its like when you're driving in traffic and for some reason you have to play catch up all the time because even taking it up to 3k each shift isn't enough. It simply feels like the power isn't making it's way to the wheels just as it did with my previous clutch.

Any telling of what this may be? I've searched around, found it could possibly be the pilot bearing? I'm taking it in tomorrow to the guys in my area but I'd like to know if anyone has any good idea of what to look for in the transmission.... I REALLY don't want to have to throw money into another aftermarket clutch to have it go out on me again...