PDA

View Full Version : Would a Z32 MAF work on a KA(e) well?

DrunkinEmu
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I cut a hole in my front bumper and placed a long piece of 4'' pipping from the the bumper to my filter, and then i thought about it, my MAF is alittle hole maybe 1 inch wide, and that cant possibly let in that much air, so i heard about this Z32 MAF swap on SR's and i thought maybe i should do it. But, would it be compatible with my little SOHC? I can see on a high HP car but for 150 hp??

DP_Michelle G
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
you should do it :ugh:

projectRDM
12-06-2005, 09:38 PM
You won't max out the OE MAF until somewhere North of 240hp. And without a piggyback to tune it, only thing you'll see is a stumbling idle with a larger MAF. You can't just plug it in, you have to have something to convert the voltage signal to the appropriate curve.

DrunkinEmu
12-07-2005, 11:58 AM
wow that stinks, cause ill have plenty more air then before with my induction pipes but majority of it is useless with my little OEM MAF hole....hmm....

projectRDM
12-07-2005, 01:08 PM
wow that stinks, cause ill have plenty more air then before with my induction pipes but majority of it is useless with my little OEM MAF hole....hmm....

Doesn't matter. A 5inch intake pipe isn't going to change the amount of air the ECU reads since there's only so much it can compensate for fuel wise anyway.
On an NA application you won't see any reduction even with a 2inch pipe so there's no need to build a serious intake unless you've upgraded fuel, timing, and all the other factors to go along with it.

DrunkinEmu
12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Damn!!! I Wish There Were Cheaper Places Togo Swap In A Sr!!

DP_Michelle G
12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
just do the swap yourself!! it's way cheaper

DrunkinEmu
12-07-2005, 04:35 PM
ya but dont you have to wire stuff and weld and splice wires together and im just 19 college student with no tools!! Any suggestions??

NemeGuero
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
You only need basic tools.. nothing intense. And being a college student, you should be smart enough to figure it out yourself.

SpeedMonkeyInc
12-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Spend money on track entry fees. Get your car on a road course and you will quickly re-align your prioritys. Stock KA has plenty of power to get you in trouble, work on your suspension first.

DJPimpFlex
12-08-2005, 03:48 AM
Spend money on track entry fees. Get your car on a road course and you will quickly re-align your prioritys. Stock KA has plenty of power to get you in trouble, work on your suspension first.

I second that!

DrunkinEmu
12-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I would but my body roll would cause me to do a summersolt and fly away!!

SpeedMonkeyInc
12-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Well there you go. Head down to your local autox and have your ass handed to you by a middle aged man in a stock Miata. Then you will realize that you suck at driving. Maybe that will convince you to spend money on track time.
Don't worry about it, I have seen plenty of cars at autox with stock suspension. Just start there. Its cheap and fun.

P.S. You have about 15 minutes left before a moderator is "in yo FACE!!!" about that signature. Check the forum rules.

DJPimpFlex
12-09-2005, 03:23 AM
yea that thing is WAY out of control. You wont roll a 240sx without hitting something. Go learn how to drive.

DrunkinEmu
12-10-2005, 01:25 PM
wow, you guys need to cool it! The learn how to drive thing, first off, do you know me?? Second, atleast my car is painted and is not covered with a primered front end, regardless of if its a silvia.....ya it might be "JDM" But dude,.......seriosly, what kinda of girls would ride in that scrap metal??

NemeGuero
12-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Girls with values and not just an eye for value.

thejester03
12-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Girls with values and not just an eye for value.

Owned :whip:

Dude, your a noob with not much Zilvia experience, Im not saying Im a Zilvia master by any means, but the advice they are giving you is all good, and well meant advice, and true, at this point you dont need a larger MAF, you are only 19, your NOT that good of a driver, no matter what you say, good driving is all just experience, PERIOD. So what if a car has some primer, woopidy doo daa, its under the hood and whats in the wheel wells that matters(whats on the inside), and most importantly, whos driving.If some chic looks at my car and doesnt wanna date me because of it, I dont want to have anything to do with her.Also, there is no point in 16465465465465465498132 million whp, if the first time on a track you spin out and destroy it smacking a wall. Simply, do you sticky before your gitty. So get your priorities straight before you come talking smack on Zilvia. Your the one that needs to cool it, take the advice or leave it, dont go trashing peoples cars because you dont like their advice.

TheTimanator
12-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I would but my body roll would cause me to do a summersolt and fly away!!
then maybe you should try fixing that before you add more power? just a thought

DJPimpFlex
12-10-2005, 06:47 PM
wow, you guys need to cool it! The learn how to drive thing, first off, do you know me?? Second, atleast my car is painted and is not covered with a primered front end, regardless of if its a silvia.....ya it might be "JDM" But dude,.......seriosly, what kinda of girls would ride in that scrap metal??

DO I need to know you. Your just like 10,000 noobs before you. POWER POWER POWER! And FYI no girl is going to date you becuase of your S13. And you DONT know how to drive. If you do go to thunderhill tommorow and well race.

SpeedMonkeyInc
12-10-2005, 06:59 PM
HAhahh ^^^ Crow's Nest will own you

Seriously guy. No one is trying to be a dick. Just start easy and get some seat time.