PDA

View Full Version : *Cheapest SR*

SpoiledBoi
05-10-2002, 05:22 PM
where is the cheapest place i can get an SR.. red and black, thanx guys...

hurleyboi514
05-10-2002, 07:13 PM
it depends alot on where u are at...  and cheapest isnt always best either.  cheap usually means cut harness, no ecu, or so on...

SpoiledBoi
05-10-2002, 08:14 PM
yea i know wat u mean, ive been into SRs for about 3 years now, but man i havent been lookin at any 240sx stuff in awhile and lately i notice a big differece in price...so if it helps im in tulsa OK....so yea.....

tnord
05-11-2002, 10:04 AM
engine is NOT something to cut corners on to save a few bucks.

AceInHole
05-11-2002, 10:23 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tnord @ May 10 2002,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">engine is NOT something to cut corners on to save a few bucks.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
lol... would you buy your engine off of EBay???

Nismos14
05-11-2002, 11:12 AM
but even those ebay engines can cost a bit, soem of them im sure are worth it.... who knows :-P but definately dont go the CHEAPEST route with the engine..... not a good idea it'll probably have more mileage than they claim and what not

Nismos14
05-11-2002, 11:13 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hurleyboi514 @ May 09 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it depends alot on where u are at... and cheapest isnt always best either. cheap usually means cut harness, no ecu, or so on...</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
ok someone help me out here, a cut harness - is it really that hard to put one together? or just add some wiring to customize it?

AceInHole
05-11-2002, 11:26 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nismos14 @ May 10 2002,1:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hurleyboi514 @ May 09 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it depends alot on where u are at... and cheapest isnt always best either. cheap usually means cut harness, no ecu, or so on...</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
ok someone help me out here, a cut harness - is it really that hard to put one together? or just add some wiring to customize it?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
it's $150 to have a stock harness extended by srswap.com

I could only imagine how hard it would be to figure it all out without the connectors (i.e. harness comes incomplete) or how much of a PITA it would be to extend the harness yourself (and be SURE that it won't fall apart on you)

IceTekGuy
05-11-2002, 01:55 PM
if your a spoiled boy why dont you have mommy and daddy dish out 3 g's for the full spiel??

lol

crazyikimasho
05-11-2002, 02:57 PM
the best deals I have found here in North Carolina would be EP Racing in Goldsboro, they have a european source that is bringing in blacktops in for them at reasonable prices for quality full swaps, give Glenn a call at 919-759-0210, they should have a couple coming in within the month. Any other SR parts they can probably get as well, just let him know what you are looking for and they will find it for you (ECU's, turbos, etc)

SpoiledBoi
05-12-2002, 06:33 PM
thank you justified...thats the kinda answer im expecting. i know that i shouldnt go the cheap way bc it might not have it all....im talkin about a full engine with the harness etc....i remember lookin at alot of sites awhile back with $1200 full motors and im sure someone has got it from them. i also say many other sources besides the regular unstable, srswap....so if this clears anything up im still wondering..

crazyikimasho
05-12-2002, 09:41 PM
by reasonable, not necessarily cheap, but decent prices and you should recieve everything you need plus install if you want them to do it for you. They are doing my car towards the end of the summer when I can go without the car for a bit. I will let everyone know how it works out and have pics of the install once finished.