PDA

View Full Version : Cusco RUCA question

DRFT
12-02-2005, 02:31 PM
On my car, i only have kts coiler overs, other than that, that's the only other suspension part i have. So i wanted to correct my camber in the rear and i bought some cusco RUCA from a member on here. When i installed thesei eyed the camber and and made sure both sides are correct as possible. So i take a drive and my initial impression of these is that it made my car feel like a boat. I got major body roll and the car felt reall unstable. i followed the instructions on how to install it but no luck. I've even installed these on another s13 with all suspension done and it still felt the same.

is there something i did wrong or can it be the RUCA's itself? please help!

OptionZero
12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
alignment could change everything.

DRFT
12-02-2005, 02:48 PM
yea i forgot to mention i didn't do an alignment yet. but you think an alignment will make a big difference in how it feels?

projectRDM
12-02-2005, 04:22 PM
You can't be serious. If you eyeballed, or even measured it against the OE arm you're still a good deal off. Plus by moving the camber in/out you've affected the toe a little as well. Of course it feels weird.
Get an alignment.

OptionZero
12-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Yup, all the variables of ride height, tire size (height and width), toe, camber are all interconnected- change one, affect all. I'm learning that the hard way, i thought i could get away with only a partial suspension job.