PDA

View Full Version : Greddy FMIC installation

SR20d2fourT
12-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I got my Greddy FMIC and it came w/ three pipes. I feel I'm missing one but cant install it right now because I cant get to my car. I have the piece from the throttle down, the 90 degree elbow and another pipe that has a huge opening. I dont know what that opening is for and Im also wondering if that pip is long enough to reach to the hotpipe. I have an E. R. hotpipe and it looks as if it wont reach down far enough to meet that other pipe coming from the core. If someone could just tell me the use of that gigantic nipple coming from that smaller pipe and the general installation of it, it would be of great help. Thanks guys :bowrofl:

kuramaya
12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
If someone could just tell me the use of that gigantic nipple coming from that smaller pipe and the general installation of it, it would be of great help. Thanks guys :bowrofl:

The one on the hotside is the for the Stock Recirc Valve on SR's you can cap it off if you are not using the stock recirc valve...if you are going to RECIRC a BOV on the Hotside you can RECIRC it there also....

SR20d2fourT
12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
sweet man...thanks a lot. The only other problem I have is the pipe on the hot-side...it doesnt seem like it would reach up to meet the hot pipe. What could I cap it off w/? Because everytime I look for something, it seems like there is nothing that would do the job.

kuramaya
12-01-2005, 07:38 PM
sweet man...thanks a lot. The only other problem I have is the pipe on the hot-side...it doesnt seem like it would reach up to meet the hot pipe. What could I cap it off w/? Because everytime I look for something, it seems like there is nothing that would do the job.

Trying to figure out what you mean here... I think you are saying that the Hotpipe coming off your compressor is good going down to the hole..but the Pipe from the Intercooler core to the Hotpipe which is the same pipe we spoke of above with the hole in it for the Recirc wont reach the Hot Pipe..am I right? If so, you may have to have someone make you a pipe to replace the one that came with your intercooler...not hard at all...just aluminum piping..doesnt have to be bling and sh1t..

SR20d2fourT
12-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Na man, I'm not worrying about bling factor. Yeah, well, I'll take a look into it. It also didnt come w/ mounts >:| . I know I can get some mounts from a machine shop, but how long would they have to be? I cant get to the car right now, tahts why I'm asking all these little questions.

kuramaya
12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Na man, I'm not worrying about bling factor. Yeah, well, I'll take a look into it. It also didnt come w/ mounts >:| . I know I can get some mounts from a machine shop, but how long would they have to be? I cant get to the car right now, tahts why I'm asking all these little questions.

I can not guess what size mounts you will need...you will need to hold the core up to your car and check..this perfect as I used the mounts that came with the FMIC and had to fab them for a perfect fit..really just a L bracket with 2 holes is all they are man...you can get something at home depot prolly to fit the sh1t..just hold it up...look at the mounting points...jot down notes and DIY..
late
Daryl

SR20d2fourT
12-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Home depot doesnt have em. neither does Lowes. Im thinkin of just a machine shop. yeah, I could do that but until this weekend...thats when I get the car back. I think I need to give you like five bucks cuz youre the only dude helpin me. Thanks Daryl, I appreciate the help. :D