PDA

View Full Version : 91 Stock Auto 240 // to // 91 SR 5spd 240

luckie2hav3her
11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Well as the title says, right now the car is stock and auto and I plan to drop a sr in this and change it to 5spd. My concern is with the auto to 5spd swap.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21181

I have read the above faq, and my questions are:

1) Are there any wiring issues concerning the clutch, do i need to hook up any wiring from clutch to ecu?

2) The FAQ said you need a 5spd driveshaft. Autolink has done this for me before, and I wasnt charged for a driveshaft. Do you think they used the driveshaft off the sr front clip (if it had one)?

3) Can I use the driveshaft thats on my car right now?

4) Once I drill the holes for the clutch master and hang the clutch pedal, cut the brake (cuz im lazy =P) hook up the clutch line and clutch slave and mount the tranny crossmember, is there anything else I need to be concerned about??

Thanks for your help

drift freaq
11-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Well as the title says, right now the car is stock and auto and I plan to drop a sr in this and change it to 5spd. My concern is with the auto to 5spd swap.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21181

I have read the above faq, and my questions are:

1) Are there any wiring issues concerning the clutch, do i need to hook up any wiring from clutch to ecu?

2) The FAQ said you need a 5spd driveshaft. Autolink has done this for me before, and I wasnt charged for a driveshaft. Do you think they used the driveshaft off the sr front clip (if it had one)?

3) Can I use the driveshaft thats on my car right now?

4) Once I drill the holes for the clutch master and hang the clutch pedal, cut the brake (cuz im lazy =P) hook up the clutch line and clutch slave and mount the tranny crossmember, is there anything else I need to be concerned about??

Thanks for your help

ok answer to quesion one is no. No wiring between clutch and ecu unless you want to wire a in a clutch lockout switch on the pedal, and that is only at the pedal.
Autolink used the sr driveshaft that came with the clip as you should use as well.
Your stock auto KA driveshaft will not work.
In answer to 4 , don't forgot to bolt in your lower shift boot. Otherwise your good to go as the SR harness wired for the swap, will be plug and play unless your wiring it yourself.

luckie2hav3her
11-29-2005, 12:38 AM
don't forgot to bolt in your lower shift boot. Otherwise your good to go as the SR harness wired for the swap, will be plug and play unless your wiring it yourself.

the rubber boot right?? that has 4 bolts on each corner??

NemeGuero
11-29-2005, 01:24 AM
the rubber boot right?? that has 4 bolts on each corner??
Yes. message length

luckie2hav3her
11-29-2005, 11:44 AM
haha people have forgotten to bolt that shit?? i thought u were talking about something else i didnt think u were talking about something so obvious =P

NemeGuero
11-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Your car will reek of tranny fluid if you don't.