PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Removal

180drft
11-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Ok, so I am removing my exhaust for the first time. I removed all the bolts, however I cant seem to unhook the exhuast from the two rubber things. The rubber things above the muffler where the hangers cling to. I am temped to cut them off and replace them, but Im assuming theres a way to take them off. Sorry for the dumb question, its just pissing me off.

P.S. yes I searched but no luck. Thanks in advance

aznpoopy
11-18-2005, 11:53 PM
when i did an exhaust on a rx7 we cut the old fuckers off

i dont think theres an easy way to do

getting it back on was a bitch and a half too. involved two guys and one really long breaker bar.

projectRDM
11-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Quit being a fucking girl and pull harder.

Lurkable
11-19-2005, 10:27 AM

This is not a joke. If you pull, they will come off. Remember, they are designed to only come off when you want them to...

180drft
11-19-2005, 11:00 AM
This is not a joke. If you pull, they will come off. Remember, they are designed to only come off when you want them to... Yeah, I figured you had to do one or the other, I was just to lazy to get some new ones if I cut them. What if you heated them up with a heat gun, then pulled the exhaust, just a thought. Well looks like Ill finally mount my exhaust today. Thanks for the help guys.

Shawn_of_the_Dead
11-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Dude, spray that shit with some PB blaster/WD-40.....anything to lube it up. They come off with a little tough love. I pulled my old exhaust and installed a new one by myself in about 30 minutes. Didn't have to cut anything. There are like 3 hangers that push in and 2 that bolt on....something like that.

NemeGuero
11-19-2005, 11:09 AM
AHAHAHAHA! basically..

180drft
11-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Dude, spray that shit with some PB blaster/WD-40.....anything to lube it up. They come off with a little tough love. I pulled my old exhaust and installed a new one by myself in about 30 minutes. Didn't have to cut anything. There are like 3 hangers that push in and 2 that bolt on....something like that.Just got it off. Tough love was all it needed. Thanks for the advice.

Shawn_of_the_Dead
11-19-2005, 11:30 AM
No problem. :bigok: