PDA

View Full Version : noises within the KA

xplicit240
11-17-2005, 11:58 AM
i own a 89 240sx .. when i bought the car the engine was rebuilt .. it runs well .. but recently ive been hearing chattering noises and it sound like its commin from within the engine.. some of my friends say its valve chatter and others say it might be a spark plug not firing right.. should i just go for a tune up and see what happens from there"? because it runs fine but that sound is freaking me out!! HELP PLEASE!

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Timing chain rattle. Search and you'll figure out what I'm talking about.

240Driver39
11-17-2005, 05:35 PM
i own a 89 240sx .. when i bought the car the engine was rebuilt .. it runs well .. but recently ive been hearing chattering noises and it sound like its commin from within the engine.. some of my friends say its valve chatter and others say it might be a spark plug not firing right.. should i just go for a tune up and see what happens from there"? because it runs fine but that sound is freaking me out!! HELP PLEASE!

Do you hear it all the time or only at cold start-up...and where exactly does the noise sound like its coming from. And to the poster before me, Timing chain rattle has different implications between sohc and dohc, just to make sure u understand that and the the poster does when he "searches".

..Eh...fuck it, im not gonna screw up this guys thread...just see if you can narrow it down by answerin the questions i had, and that will help. later

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't need to understand the difference. He does.
To me, chatter coming from the engine is chain rattle.

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 06:40 PM
How? by leading him to search? Oh so confusing. He'd find his answer smart-ass.