PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem.. O.O

daryl337
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
So you know.. it is a redtop sr... Ok.. I am going to give you guys some background on this motor... I had burnt a piston in the thing a while back.. and had rebuilt the motor... however when I got the motor running.. it was smoking something fierce.. so I took it back out and decided to do it again.... found out that my rings were to blame... and now the motor is rebuilt. At this point... I have the motor sitting at TDC... the keyways on the cams are set correctly (about 10 and 12 o'clock)... and there are the correct amount of links inbetween the two sprockets... so my cam timing is correct... With the car at TDC, I set the CAS's timing marks in line.. so it should be timed fairly close (at least good enough to get the motor started so I can get a timing gun on it to time it)...
I am getting spark on all plugs, and coil packs. However, my motor is flooding like a *****... I thought it could be timing at first.. because that is how the motor acts when you try to start it... like the timing is messed up... however like I said, I think it is fairly close. I have excellant compression... so compression+gas(since the dang thing floods I assume I am getting fuel)+ air + Spark = work right? So what can be happening here? I am going to run some codes and see if I get anything...