PDA

View Full Version : Smog exempt county SOCAL???

doug200t
11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
which counties in SOCAL do not require smog i want to get my cars registered in an area w/o smog

crazyikimasho
11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
All counties/areas in SoCal are smog. Where did you hear otherwise?

doug200t
11-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I heard somewhere not 100 percent sure on this but that small counties dont require it but ive been searching google and havnt seen any exempt counties. thats all really just curious on how to avoid the man
just dont want to hassle my smog buds with a project of mine RB26DETT in a 240sx

Var
11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
err...i just did a search on google . took 3 seconds. "California smog exempt counties"

here's the result (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2539)..counties that DO need smog every 2 years for registration with an additional link to zip codes (http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/ZIPAREA/Ziplookup.asp) .

and a map in pdf format (http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/ftp/pdfdocs/program_map.pdf)

Wei240
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
that's really far out in the boonies, go search dmv, there should be a county list of exempt places, but it usually means, you kinda have to 'live' out there for that method to work...

DP_Michelle G
11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I called my boyfriends sister who works for AAA and she said There's only two counties that do it. i forgot to ask which one

theicecreamdan
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
its not by county, its zipcode I think?

my car is registered east of Alpine, no smog. But you do have to smog the car when you first buy it, and you are still bound by california vehicle code. Just because I have a no smog address, doesnt mean I can have an SR and not worry.

Var
11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Every county smogs for change of ownership.

Those of you remaining that still have any questions officially have Down's Syndrome.

DP Michelle G...look at the link..Sweet Jesus.

Jonnie Fraz
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Good luck trying to get a P.O. box in those smog exempt areas. I have a smog exempt area about a half hour away from my house, the local news just did a story about it and said " The wait for a P.O. box is aprox. five years." It is kinda cool you can buy race gas right at the regular gas station in town.

Ritz S14
11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Just move to Florida.

Wei240
11-10-2005, 06:20 PM
easiest way is what most people do,
either 'pay' for a smog check or test your luck with a place that's clueless (as long as the car will pass the emission portion)

wow, waiting that long for a p.o box, probably easier getting one in neveda no? some of their counties/zip codes don't smog as well...

theicecreamdan
11-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Good luck trying to get a P.O. box in those smog exempt areas. I have a smog exempt area about a half hour away from my house, the local news just did a story about it and said " The wait for a P.O. box is aprox. five years." It is kinda cool you can buy race gas right at the regular gas station in town.

El Cajon has race gas in the pump, they have smog there too.

doug200t
11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
thats awsome guys thanks alot i was typing Smog exempt counties California. already smoged the ka now swapin in the RB this weekend. dont noeed to worry ill get a address in that area. money talks