PDA

View Full Version : Foglights which is positive?

Shawn_of_the_Dead
11-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I am finally getting around to removing the big ass ugly foglights from my bumper opening. I am gonna hook up the ones on my proj. instead. The problem is that I dont know what tab is positive and which is negative. Here are some reference pics.

this is the tab sticking off the bucket the light bulb sits in.
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9060/shawn1125lu.jpg

This is the light bulb...with single wire.
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1707/shawn1130yz.jpg

out of these two...which is gonna be my positive and which is negative? Thanks

projectRDM
11-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Black is ground. You know this. That's all that matters.

Shawn_of_the_Dead
11-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Black is ground. You know this. That's all that matters.

sure I know that. Now look at these pics posted above and tell me where you see a black wire. One is attached to the bottom of the headlight bucket in the first pic....and the other is a white wire...so which is which? Since one is white...does that mean it is SURE to be positive?

ThatGuy
11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
I believe that is what he is saying. The bulb is likely Chassis ground, so the only wire present (the white wire) would be the power. :D

Shawn_of_the_Dead
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
alright....sounds good to me. I dont know crap about wiring except that if you dont know crap...ask or fuck it up. Thanks guys!

Rogue240sx
11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
It's a light, It has no positive or negative (unless it's a LED). The car's chasis, on the other hand, is ground so it would be safe the say the tab that's attached to the housing that's attached to the car is ground unless you like blowing fuses/melting wires if the housing just so happens to become grounded (eg. becoming wet).

theicecreamdan
11-08-2005, 08:31 PM
its direct current it doesnt matter, if one wire goes to + and the other goes to ground it will light.

Shawn_of_the_Dead
11-08-2005, 09:30 PM
works for me...just getting the front end back together and I'll try it out.