PDA

View Full Version : FMU Clarification

BlackFox
02-28-2002, 11:21 PM
I'm planning on getting the xs-engineering turbo kit... I had a question about the FMU. If I get a JWT ecu maped for a turbo setup I don't need to use the FMU in the kit right?

03-01-2002, 02:36 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BlackFox on 11:21 pm on Feb. 28, 2002
I'm planning on getting the xs-engineering turbo kit... I had a question about the FMU. If I get a JWT ecu maped for a turbo setup I don't need to use the FMU in the kit right?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
The stock KA injectors are pretty much maxxed out with the stock engine. That's just the way auto manufacturers design things. An FMU effectively makes the injectors &quot;bigger&quot; by increasing the fuel pressure and therefore the flow. In order for the JWT reprogram to increase flow significantly, it'll need new, larger injectors to work with. In which case, you won't need the FMU, and your fuel requirements will be better controlled, to boot.

BlackFox
03-01-2002, 09:57 AM
Cool, that's what I thought.

How big will my injectors need to be? I plan to stay at 7psi with 370cc/min injectors but later on I plan on upgrading the internals and boosting about 14psi... should I get bigger injectors now so I don't have to later?
Would I need a new fuel rail? I haven't seen anyone selling them for Nissans.
The 300zx fuel pump and filter should be able to handle the injectors up to 14psi right? Do I just get these from a Nissan dealer?