PDA

View Full Version : neww gt2871r setup runs TERRBILE.

john891
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
hey guys, I just got my enthalpy tuned ECU back in today and attempted to get her running by tonight..

after the injectors leaking becasue I forgot to put in the stock O-rings, the car fired right up. Although the car runs, it runs like crap.

set-up: GT2871R
z32 MAF
sard 550's
enthalpy tuned ECU

the car has the symptoms of a bad MAF. Idles bad, and doesnt rev smooth. When I unplug the the maf It runs the same as when it is plugged in. I have tried rewiring it twice and still nothing.

Also, A LOT of gray/black smoke it comming from the exhaust... this has me worried. Could it be becasue the car is runnng so rich becasue of the MAF?

The boost guage reads about 18-17 of VAC. Im used to it being about 20 with the stock turbo, could there be a boost leak?

After tryign to rewire the MAF and fix possible boost leaks I started the car and it was still the same, smoke pouring from the exhaust. When I put my hand infront of the muffer I got a black liquid residue on all over it. UNBURNT FUEL?

ANY help would be appreciated, as I have searched relentlessly.

fliprayzin240sx
11-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Yups ur running rich. Hope you have a safc to lean it out a bit. In my case it was alot...I just borrowed a wide band and i was between 9-10 A/F under boost *which explains my 16mpg mileage* Leaned it out to bout 11.5 and made a day/night difference.

This on GT2871 .64 trim, 740cc, enthalpy rom tune, z-maf

nrg
11-05-2005, 02:44 AM
why dont you just email enthalpy??

speeddreamz
11-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Have to agree on that, enthalpy is the man, maybe theres something about your setup thats not working right ? or is abnormal than what he is tuning for.

RYAN_S-14
11-05-2005, 04:10 AM
see if any of your boys have a z32 maf you can borrow for a little while to check of the maf is bad or not.

agree with the peope above and email or call enthalpy

BaliLover
11-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a leaky injector O-ring to me. I had the same problem, I managed to make a small tear in 3 out of 4 orings when putting them on. Make sure its not an injector problem. with the car running, unplug each injector, 1 at a time, and if the behavior of the car doesn't change, then you have an injector problem. Each injector that you unplug that DOES make a difference is good, and each injector that you inplug and doesn't make a difference probably has a leaky oring

HIGHMILEHATCH
11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Exactly. I had this happen to an SR before and there was a nice puddle of fuel in the cylinder.