PDA

View Full Version : Ground Kit Problem

JDMark
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
so i bought a full ground kit from a friend for 20 bucks,its a high quality one with gold plated ends and whatnot (says hks on it but its red, and i think hks only makes purple ones) anyway i got it on and everything was great, car idled smoother, stereo sounded better, etc. we hooked it up to the intake mani, head, block, tranny, and 2 spots on the chassis.

after i test drove it, it wouldnt start back up (after about 20 mins of sitting) wouldnt even turn over, it was like the battery was dead. wtf? so i took it off and just slapped on the old ground wire to the intake mani and it fired right up. fuckin confused... did the same thing on my friends, but he thought it was cuz it was hitting his hood. we both have the same alarms... could this be it? any insight would help, thanks!
-mark

nrg
11-03-2005, 10:31 PM
bad ground kit. you get what you pay for. /thread

JDMark
11-03-2005, 11:04 PM
quit tryin to be a hardass and help me out. from what i hear its hard to mess up a ground kit, and i kinda bought this impulsively. i was planning on sourcing my own shit and making one but for 20 this its worth the materials alone. heres some shatty pics i just took.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Blimit/aa3051c2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Blimit/356b7a20.jpg

krustindumm
11-03-2005, 11:24 PM
buy a DVOM and learn basic electricle diagnosis, you'll have the problem solved in under 2 minutes.

aaroneezee
11-03-2005, 11:24 PM
jus leave the stock ground in place and jus add on your grounding unit. the current will run through the wire with the least resistance. so leaving the stock ground wires is okay.

ledzeppelin240
11-04-2005, 12:22 AM
DVOM and test lights are awesome, as well as knowledge. Solves problems in minutes that others are still trying to figure out...

JDMark
11-04-2005, 04:48 PM
after alotta testing its just the whole shitty ass terminal adapter.. so now i just have all the ground wires right on the stock ground connection, works perfect. thanks for your help..

idles soo smoovvee

Ritz S14
11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
That distribution block looks like shit. Of course it wouldn't work well.

nrg
11-04-2005, 05:44 PM
JDMark, what did i say in my first post? funny huh?

krustindumm
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
after alotta testing its just the whole shitty ass terminal adapter.. so now i just have all the ground wires right on the stock ground connection, works perfect. thanks for your help..

idles soo smoovvee

funny, you tested it, found the problem, and it worked. But first you posted here, where there are hundreds (thousands?) of people, who do not have the ability to test your car over the internet.

Irukandji
11-04-2005, 07:44 PM
funny, you tested it, found the problem, and it worked. But first you posted here, where there are hundreds (thousands?) of people, who do not have the ability to test your car over the internet.

dont be a dick. he solved his problem and updated so now others with the same problem (if any) will have somewhere to look

ledzeppelin240
11-05-2005, 01:50 AM
This thread is useless, it explains nothing but someone bought a grounding kit that sucks, wired it wrong and then somehow solved the problem...

projectRDM
11-05-2005, 04:28 PM
This thread is useless, it explains nothing but someone bought a grounding kit that sucks, wired it wrong and then somehow solved the problem...

^ Agreed.

message length

JDMark
11-05-2005, 04:31 PM
than quit bumping it you dooshes