PDA

View Full Version : stock t25 actuator. 1.2 bar boost? searched.

drifter808
10-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I have 2 stock t25 actuators and when i put them on both of them reach 1-1.3 bar of boost. I have on the HKS actuator now but im just wondering why the stock ones would do that. are my vacuum lines messed up? Yes i did search but didn't find anything similar.

HIGHMILEHATCH
10-31-2005, 11:44 PM
How are your vacuum lines routed? Run the wastegate nipple to a boost source pre-throttle body.

drifter808
11-01-2005, 08:46 AM
well for the wastegate i have it running from the stock intercooler coldpipe, to the turbo intake and then it tees off to the wastegate.

PROJECTRB240SX
11-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Don't Put The Wastegate Pressure Source On The Intake Side Of The Turbo.... You Want Pressure Not Vacuum! Thats Why Your Turbo Is Overboosting.

Run It Either
A) From The Intake Manifold (most Stable And After Pressure Drop)
B) Or Off The Compressor Outlet (safest For The Turbo, But Its Unstable And Pre Pressure Drop)

drifter808
11-01-2005, 02:20 PM
The thing is, is that's where the hosing was running when i got the front clip. Maybe the past owner in Japan hooked it up like that? Does anyone have any photos of how to run the hosing off the intake manifold? Since i have the HKS actuator hooked up the same way would that cause the turbo to lag until like 4500 rpms? Cause it is really getting on my nerves.

HIGHMILEHATCH
11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Of the three nipples on the T-body, top goes to the charcoal canister. Cap it if your not using it. There are two nipples on the bottom of the throttle body. If you do not have a source pre-T-body to give to the wastegate, run one of these two to the wastegate. The other nipple on bottom goes to recirculation valve or BOV.

drifter808
11-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks i'll give it a try this week. any idea on why the turbo is so laggy or is just cause it is a stockn one and most stock things suck:)

HIGHMILEHATCH
11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
T25 laggy?

NismoSilvia270R
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/nismosilvia270r/VacuumDiagram.jpg

1.Large hose near TB is the IACV, you need it obviously, most coldpipes have bung for it.
2.FPR can go to either small nipple right above TB on the plenum, and tee in for boost gauge.
3.The other can go to BOV.
4.Wastegate is easiest to tie into on the hotpipe with boost controller.
5.Brake booster comes off the back of the plenum of course.
6. Recirculate BOV into intake pipe after MAF, but before turbo.
Nothing else is needed. Throw the charcoal canister away.

yeah, i like posting this diagram.... so what, its useful

drifter808
11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the diagram and yes it is useful. To me the t25 is laggy as hell or unless it's just mine. When it was running 1-1.3 bar than it was fun and really fast. Now im running 10psi and sometimes pulling out into traffic it will just be dead until 4000 rpms which has also resulted in some close calls for accidents. Think i should up to like 14 psi? Also is this damaging the engine running higher boost on stock turbo? Cause i already went through one SR and dont want to do it again.

HIGHMILEHATCH
11-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the diagram and yes it is useful. To me the t25 is laggy as hell or unless it's just mine. When it was running 1-1.3 bar than it was fun and really fast.

1.3 bar is out of the turbochargers efficiency range. Do you have any fuel system upgrades?

Now im running 10psi and sometimes pulling out into traffic it will just be dead until 4000 rpms which has also resulted in some close calls for accidents. Think i should up to like 14 psi?

Are you for real? Your almost causing accidents at 10 psi and you ask if you should up it to 14? :down:

Also is this damaging the engine running higher boost on stock turbo? Cause i already went through one SR and dont want to do it again.

Yes. If you don't want to destroy another engine I suggest turning the boost down. Judging by all of what you just said, you might want to consider a hobby that doesn't endanger other people on the road or perfectly good Nissan 2.0 liter turbo engines.

drifter808
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey dont worry i have all the right mods already. I have a tuned SAFC II, S15 injectors and a walbro fuel pump.I have used a wideband Air/fuel ratio monitor a couple of times. Im not getting detonation, pinging or anything bad like that. How am i endangering other people on the road? Screw the damn tourists, we dont want anymore here and i try and piss them off.

But i'll just keep the boost at 10psi until my FMIC comes in. Thanks for the info.

caall99
11-01-2005, 11:57 PM
:wtf: retarded

nrg
11-02-2005, 02:30 AM
something is wrong with your turbo. i start building boost around 2800rpm. full boost after 3k
my wastegate vacuum source is from the cold pipe.

i made this diagram for another forum member:
http://img496.imageshack.us/img496/9370/sr20vaccum7aa.jpg

drifter808
11-02-2005, 09:33 AM
That is just what i needed. Thanks for the photo. Yeah i think my turbo is just screwed. I know i need a new one anyways cause the seals are going in this one. Thanks again

drifter808
11-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Well i rerouted the vacuum lines and threw on one of the stock actuators and it was at 7 psi. The car also seems to run a bit smoother. Thanks for all the tips.