PDA

View Full Version : Cars making a funny noise.

DaveSev
10-31-2005, 02:24 PM
'91 KA with 108k miles on it, stock cept for removed intake y-pipe restriction and unplugged the transmission fluid pressure regulator (auto trans).

It's a whirring noise coming from the engine that increases in pitch as revs increase. Might have sounded more distinct in reverse, but I might have been imagining that too.

Any ideas? I know that's vague but I figured I'd ask here before consoling an expert.

DaveSev
11-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks to whoever bumped that thread (if you did, in fact, or maybe I just can't read the first page of topics).

But...

This morning I plugged in the transmission fluid pressure regulator, thinking it may have been the problem, since it's the only thing I'd done to the transmission. Then I wasn't getting any power tot heg round at all. The power just felt really disconnected, and it was making normally needless downshifts to get up small hills. So right as I'm pulling into the school it wasn't putting any power down, revving to 3k and moving nowhere, finally it stopped moving completely, as if I was in nuetral (of course it happened in a narrow 2 lane drive way, so I was holding up traffic). Found some friends to push me up to the parking lot. Plugged in the transmission fluid pressure regulator and it was then shifting fine. So I guess something is wrong with the fluid regulation, I really don't know anything about the components. Forgot to check if it was still whirring since I was late for class.