PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problem after clutch install?

sr240-drifting
10-27-2005, 12:51 AM
I just changed the clutch on my ka dohc and now when I shift from 1st to 2nd it will grind and wont go in gear, in order to get it in gear i have to reingauge the clutch and try again then when I get going no problem after that. Then when I stop and leave it in gear, it makes this chattering noise, I have to take it out of gear and reingauge the clutch, then start all over.It didnt do this before I changed the clutch?any ideas?please HELP...

sr240-drifting
10-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Is there anyone who can help?

sirenx
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
same thing happens to mine now when my car is cold .. just had a tranny swap and new clutch plate installed.. this only happens when i 1st get in the car.. after i driver for a bit .. problem goes away ..

weird.

Xren17
10-28-2005, 04:00 AM
This might be the same problem: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=93432

But try the test that I mentioned.

Put the car into gear and start it. Slowly ease the clutch out, and see if it rolls forward. Shut it down. Try it in reverse. If it rolls forward and backward then you've installed the clutch correctly and more than likely it's the nub or slave cylinder.

It seems that the nub that pushes the fork in and out is too short for the new clutch. Try lengthening it by putting it into a 8mm or whatever it will fit into socket. That worked for me and I left it like that for the past 3 months since I'm too lazy to cut a piece of steel rod to make my own nub.