PDA

View Full Version : Efficient way to connect vacuum lines

goixiz
10-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Please let me know if these hoses are connected wrong. I have been driving the car like that for over a year but somehow i feel that it was not connected correctly. I want to rest my mind on this. I have an SR20DET S13 (stock)

Is there a way to reduce some of these tubing or maybe eliminate. My car has passed emmisioned twice with absolutely lots of room to fine tune.

Current connected
https://home.comcast.net/~goixiz/sr20det/VacuumHose_diag.pdf

A recoomended way but concern that it wont pass emissions and is there any additional power connected this way ?
https://home.comcast.net/~goixiz/sr20det/Silbeer_vac-line.jpg

thanks for any help

NemeGuero
10-23-2005, 07:21 PM
you have a vacuum line going to your intercooler? thats odd

goixiz
10-24-2005, 06:59 AM
you have a vacuum line going to your intercooler? thats odd

You are right thats odd - hence the q if i got it connected right.

Its not to the inter cooler
but its heading towards that area and its connected to a hrad line. The hard line goes to the intercooler area. I like to know where its goin to ??? Any ideas anyone ?

The S14 FSM does not have this section detailed

chibo
10-24-2005, 02:42 PM
My car must be fucked up...
I've got a vac line from the wastegate to near what I guess is the intake manifold. Another line from the BOV to the intake behind the MAF. The car runs right, I guess, and the boost holds at 10psi, no overboost. The wastegate does make a weird whistling sound when the car is under vac, but it goes away as soon as I get to 0, or start into boost.

A correct guide would be pretty nice. :o

NemeGuero
10-24-2005, 04:22 PM
for KA, a vac line goes from intake to BOV
the wastegate vac goes to the compressor housing or anywhere on the charged pipe
that, the IACV and Brake master cylinder are the ONLY vac lines I have.. besides the PCV and FPR which also sources from the intake plenum

chibo
10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
for KA, a vac line goes from intake to BOV
the wastegate vac goes to the compressor housing or anywhere on the charged pipe
that, the IACV and Brake master cylinder are the ONLY vac lines I have.. besides the PCV and FPR which also sources from the intake plenum
Where does the wastegate vac go on a SR? The intake plenum?

NemeGuero
10-24-2005, 10:54 PM
no, it should still go to the compressor housing or the charged pipe
or if you have a boost controller, the wastegate vac goes from the wastegate to the boost controller, and then from the boost controller to the charged pipe or compressor housing