PDA

View Full Version : Apex'i SAFC-II Password Reseting

Ess14
10-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Is there a way to reset the password on an SAFC-II if it's forgotten? Basically, to reset the whole computer.
Therefore removing the password and all stored data.

mRclARK1
10-23-2005, 03:31 PM
First I'd try contacting Apexi; they probably have some way to solve that.

When the same thing happend to my friend. He just disconnected the entire unit from the battery and let it sit for awhile. When he reconnected it, it was completely reset. He had to reprogram the whole thing, but it worked. But I don't think his is an Apexi SAFC-II. Might not work on yours, worth a try if Apexi can't help you.

Ess14
10-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks, if anyone has experience specifically with an safc-ii let me know.

NemeGuero
10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
You stole an SAFC and you want us to help you so you can use it? lol, j/p.. yah, leave it unplugged.. should clear itself out

Ess14
10-23-2005, 07:22 PM
I would assume that too, Guero. But actually mine got stolen and i bought a used one that had a password on it... :-\
Oh by the way are you speaking from experience like you know that leaving it unplugged will work? I bought it used thus it was unplugged untill I hooked it back up to my previous wiring harness.

It may have a factory password which I hear is 1234?

NemeGuero
10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
hmm, yah.. give that password a try, that is the correct standard code
otherwise call APEXI and they should tell you how to reset it

theicecreamdan
10-23-2005, 10:03 PM
doesn't that kinda take away the point of having a password?

NemeGuero
10-24-2005, 12:24 AM
well, it'll clear the settings too.. so it 'protects' that info at least.. haha

Ess14
10-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I called APEXi and they say that there is NO WAY to remove the password other than sending it to them via mail and paying for return postage and then waiting for them to return it.

Does anyone know of some way other than this....

Maybe dealers have an inside note?

NemeGuero
10-24-2005, 04:23 PM
that sucks, I take it 1234 didn't work? if you really really dont want to pay you could try every possible combination starting at 0000, 0001, 0002, all the way until 9999 lol, but that sucks too

Ess14
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah... sucks wouldnt really describe that. But there are letters too, eh...

And yes, 1234 didn't work.

boo you all for promising me APEXi would help.
boo them.

Somebody tell me now how to pop open the faceplate and reconnect a wire to reset all the settings... with pictures... and detail...
dream on.

But if anybody has advice, let me know.

fliprayzin240sx
10-24-2005, 09:56 PM
from what ive read bout safc...unplugging it wont work cuz remember, it burns the program into itself so even when the power is disconnected, everything will still be there

mr_240sx
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
tough luck dude, you said you bought it off someone right? why not ask them what their password was? unless it was stolen...........

Ess14
10-25-2005, 03:47 AM
I bought it off IngS14 from this sites listed "For sale items"... He is saying that the original owner needs to contact the guy that tuned it who works with him for the password. I waited and then he said that he didn't know there was a password? And then he said he will get it.... I'm not too happy seeing as how I can't drive my car out of the shop and I may be charged for storage.

Yeah tough luck :\

NemeGuero
10-25-2005, 12:51 PM
how does it keep you from driving your car?

Ess14
10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
shops telling me they have to re-tune it or else my car basically redlines at 1.5k rpms

NemeGuero
10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
wtf? I think they're full of shit.. all SAFC does is adjust injector duty.. it wont keep you from revving high. Pick it up from the shop and drive it home but conservatively. SAFCs aren't that vital.. only when you are driving it aggressively

Ess14
10-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I haven't checked it out yet, but I doubt I can drive it an hour and a half (at normal speeds) in the condition they're making it out to be.

I really don't know what settings could be making it do that ... im stumped... I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Does anyone have an idea.

Plus this IngS14 guy is not responding to emails, PMs, or IMs, and he's starting too seriously aggravate me. I'm not going to start a flaming post but this guy has been acting extremely shady. He says it's the owner who he knows whose tuner set a password. Then he says the owner claims to have the password on a piece of paper lying around the shop (where the tuner also works). Then he says they never knew there was a password, neither did he.

stumped.

NemeGuero
10-25-2005, 10:09 PM
if its in the condition they said it was in (ie: redline at 1.5k), then they fucked up your car. An SAFC WILL NOT keep your car from running right AT ALL. your shop is full of crap. I'd think about finding a different one if I were you..

Ess14
10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Well it definitely can keep your car from running right. I.E. fucking the air ratio and having it stall every time you turn it on... But I have no idea the 1.5k deal... if they fucked something up I'm going ballistic.

NemeGuero
10-25-2005, 10:36 PM
lean or rich is an adjustment, the SAFC can only do +-50% anyway so it would not keep your car from running

mr_240sx
10-25-2005, 10:44 PM
lean or rich is an adjustment, the SAFC can only do +-50% anyway so it would not keep your car from running

well on my s13 redtop, if i put the idle setting anything lower then -10 and it stalls! so if its all the way at the bottom then the car probably cant idle!

NemeGuero
10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Really? how is your car set-up? pretty mildly tuned if stock injectors and injector duty dont cut it..
Ok, so I'll correct myself.. if you're not too heavily modded, an SAFC wont keep you from running